The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Anyone having high latency and poor speeds ? Signal strength is full
All the time, the amount of times I have to reboot my device to fix it is ridiculous. FTTH is being trenched in my area, I have already signed a package, as soon as it is live, bye bye Supersonic LTE.

Also anyone notice that NiceHash (Crypto Mining App) will not connect on with Supersonic. I have to use a VPN.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
All the time, the amount of times I have to reboot my device to fix it is ridiculous. FTTH is being trenched in my area, I have already signed a package, as soon as it is live, bye bye Supersonic LTE.

Also anyone notice that NiceHash (Crypto Mining App) will not connect on with Supersonic. I have to use a VPN.
Mine connects fine, wonder if you routing through different apn maybe

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I have a B618s-22d. It has been stable so far for me. I had a few wobbles a couple of weeks ago but the B612 was also affected (tried both) so I don't think it was my router. The 618 provides faster speeds for me than the supplied B612. I am in Durban.
Guess il give it batch and try find b618 today, def want that 140 to 160mbs again

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Mine connects fine, wonder if you routing through different apn maybe
Very weird, works fine on all my other LTE connections I have tried (Afrihost, Telkom, Rain).... Maybe because I'm running the Supersonic Huawei box into my Asus Router, so Double NAT?

Fjorko

Expert Member
Bought a secondhand 618 to see if it will help with my signal issues. I don't think it will, but I'll just sell it on if it doesn't make a difference.

Reactions: Yuu

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Bought a secondhand 618 to see if it will help with my signal issues. I don't think it will, but I'll just sell it on if it doesn't make a difference.
Cool might grab it from you, b618 does have stronger antennas and it can combine the 1800 and 2100mhz bands together for better speeds.

Fjorko

Expert Member
Cool might grab it from you, b618 does have stronger antennas and it can combine the 1800 and 2100mhz bands together for better speeds.
Shot - I'll give you a shout if I want to pass it on. It is still in very very good condition ( from the pics I got sent by the seller ), and I look after my stuff, so if i do decide to sell it - you will get it in the same condition.

Cheers

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Shot - I'll give you a shout if I want to pass it on. It is still in very very good condition ( from the pics I got sent by the seller ), and I look after my stuff, so if i do decide to sell it - you will get it in the same condition.

Cheers

B618 gives 20-25 mbps faster downloads than the B612 here, and speeds are more stable, will get a B818, as soon as funds permit.

• Love

Fjorko

Expert Member
B618 gives 20-25 mbps faster downloads than the B612 here, and speeds are more stable, will get a B818, as soon as funds permit.
Yeah, at this stage, short of running a 1.8KM fibre cable right up to the tower, I am desperate to solve this intermittent issue. I'm facing the most bizarre problem with my LTE that I just cannot explain. It definitely either has to be the tower's signal dropping out ( 1800Mhz ), or my 612 that is acting up, but I should be able to rule out the router when the 618 comes in a few days time.

Last edited:

Yuu

Executive Member
Came home about an hour ago from shift and although internet is connected, cannot access any pages at all. Wonder what is going on?

Anyone else?

EDiT: Back working now. :) :thumbsup: :love:

Last edited:

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Came home about an hour ago from shift and although internet is connected, cannot access any pages at all. Wonder what is going on?

Anyone else?

EDiT: Back working now. :) :thumbsup: :love:

Our two streaming boxes where still streaming, but everything else lost connection to the internet. Rebooted the router and all was well again. Not sure what happened.

Faux_Grey

The fastest speed I've been able to get in weeks is 8mbps, with a full signal.
Downloads keep cutting out, latency is seemingly random, international bandwidth is basically nonexistent.
I want to say it's a supersonic thing, but the experience is now the same on my afrihost fixed LTE as well.
These services always turn to #$%^ once they're oversubscribed.
B618s-22d
These are my two wan links which keep breaking at nigh identically the same time, line is latency, broken line is obvious disconnect.
1630566631649.png

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
The fastest speed I've been able to get in weeks is 8mbps, with a full signal.
Downloads keep cutting out, latency is seemingly random, international bandwidth is basically nonexistent.
I want to say it's a supersonic thing, but the experience is now the same on my afrihost fixed LTE as well.
These services always turn to #$%^ once they're oversubscribed.
B618s-22d
These are my two wan links which keep breaking at nigh identically the same time, line is latency, broken line is obvious disconnect.
View attachment 1139028
Have you tried mtn directly on another device, that uses normal mtn APN. This way you know its apn or the tower overloaded

Fjorko

Expert Member
Well, the 618 is definitely making a difference in the speed and stability of my connection. This is not too shabby for 4 Bars on the signal indicator, and being out here in the stix ( no external antenna ). I even got 111 Mbps early this morning on one of the tests . . .

1630568068457.png

Last edited:

Faux_Grey

Have you tried mtn directly on another device, that uses normal mtn APN. This way you know its apn or the tower overloaded
I'm pretty sure the fixed LTE and mobile data uses different parts of the spectrum.
Mostly because I get 25mbps+ on my phone with 1 bar of signal, and my routers cant hit anything more than 8 with full bars of signal.

If they're not the same spectrum, why is afrihost and supersonic spazzing out at the same time?
if they are the same spectrum, why does my cheap xiaomi phone get amazing speeds with virtually no signal?
if it's the APN, again, why do both APNs break at the same time?
why? why! why? :laugh:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm pretty sure the fixed LTE and mobile data uses different parts of the spectrum.
Mostly because I get 25mbps+ on my phone with 1 bar of signal, and my routers cant hit anything more than 8 with full bars of signal.

If they're not the same spectrum, why is afrihost and supersonic spazzing out at the same time?
if they are the same spectrum, why does my cheap xiaomi phone get amazing speeds with virtually no signal?
if it's the APN, again, why do both APNs break at the same time?
why? why! why? :laugh:
Same spectrum, diffrent apn. Biggest issue is the apn :(

Both this deal and phone can use 20mhz in 1800mhz band and is probably using that. You can also try force to connect to 2100mhz it might work better.

SuperMario

I was with Supersonic a few months ago and made the switch to Rain 5G Premium. All I can say is, if you have coverage, then it might be worth checking out. They actually have decent support & they know how to route traffic.
830801e7-8b24-4bf4-84cd-fc87dc0d1595.png

11973110977.png

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I was with Supersonic a few months ago and made the switch to Rain 5G Premium. All I can say is, if you have coverage, then it might be worth checking out. They actually have decent support & they know how to route traffic.
830801e7-8b24-4bf4-84cd-fc87dc0d1595.png

11973110977.png
Yup works good here also rain 5g, im out range so only get 150mbps.

But yeah no battery backup on my tower, hopefully they had backup battery power then I can switch.