The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Fjorko

Expert Member
So guys.... Am I right in assuming that I cannot port forward on supersonic Fixed LTE?

I hear that the unrestricted apn is discontinued so not sure where to from here.

Want to set up acces to my home assistant server from outside on port 8123

I have not tried it yet, but don't want to get into it if I'm wasting my time...

Thx

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Supersonic has unrestricted apn loaded fron the get go, you have it by default. My plex server works 100% from outside the network

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

William1102

I’ve been told by the supersonic techs that we aren’t allowed to take the router to move to a new location like for holiday

Weren’t we previously allowed have 4 tower move opportunities per year ?

Yuu

Executive Member
I’ve been told by the supersonic techs that we aren’t allowed to take the router to move to a new location like for holiday

From my limited understanding subject to correction. 3 moves per year. Once limit reached, new sim needs to be ordered.

I tested my sim in another device day got it and it got locked. I haven't reached limit but ya, really up to you how you wanna go about it.

/I got mine unlocked via their WA support line in December but YMMV.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

I have no wish to bother their support line, any more than I have to. I have not found them to be awe inspiring. My experience says they are almost as bad as Telkom.

But heck, even on Telkom support lines miracles occasionally happen.

Fjorko

Expert Member
Every night now from about 6pm till after 10 and sometimes even later my lte drops to single digit speeds. I'm now really getting gatvol of this.

I know it's prob congestion, but I'm in the middle of nowhere, so my tower can surely not be that busy.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Every night now from about 6pm till after 10 and sometimes even later my lte drops to single digit speeds. I'm now really getting gatvol of this.

I know it's prob congestion, but I'm in the middle of nowhere, so my tower can surely not be that busy.
It's probably apn, as all traffic routed though jhb, having similar issues last few days.

Thought atm I am getting 50mbps+ atm.

Fjorko

Expert Member
It's probably apn, as all traffic routed though jhb, having similar issues last few days.

Thought atm I am getting 50mbps+ atm.
Ja, is only been like this for the last couple of weeks now. Have they taken away the spectrum allocated during Covid period?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Ja, is only been like this for the last couple of weeks now. Have they taken away the spectrum allocated during Covid period?
Nope allocation is fine, mainly something to do apn that this deal uses, I am sure if try mtn direct you won't have issues during this time

Fjorko

Expert Member
OK, funny enough, I just added 900 MHz band together with 1800 and 2100 and now it's flying again. Doesn't the 618 aggregation only work on 1800 and 2100?

• Wow

Yuu

Executive Member
Nope allocation is fine, mainly something to do apn that this deal uses, I am sure if try mtn direct you won't have issues during this time
Maybe we need to group together and send in complaints to MTN. Had same issue as I was off today. Before 6pm, 10GB files streaming perfectly fine. After that time, buffers after awhile however YouTube 4K would run fine.

Who wants to write a nice long essay for them to read with as much technical data as we can give them :laugh::sneaky:?

pkid

Expert Member
Woke up this morning to no Internet. Using Telkom sim in the router now and everything is fine. So it is Supersonic. The router shows connected and signal is fine. Just can't connect to anything.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Woke up this morning to no Internet. Using Telkom sim in the router now and everything is fine. So it is Supersonic. The router shows connected and signal is fine. Just can't connect to anything.

Had to reboot my router last night, but working otherwise.

Fjorko

Expert Member
Also no internet this morning. Flippen getting out of hand now.

pkid

Expert Member
Anyone also struggling with Microsoft Teams performance? A speed test gives me 50 mb/s, browsing, streaming, downloading all fine. In Teams I get frequent bad network connection warnings, my audio breaks up, video a non-starter. It has been the worst this week. I am trying to use this for work but unless things improve I am going to have to cancel.

• Sad