The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Elax

I just switched to Supersonic from Telkom, after their network was almost unusable for two weeks. Now I've just got to wait for them to RICA my sim card. Would have expected that they already did that

Fjorko

Expert Member
I just switched to Supersonic from Telkom, after their network was almost unusable for two weeks. Now I've just got to wait for them to RICA my sim card. Would have expected that they already did that
No man - get off !!! - we don't have enough bandwidth as it is ! ;)

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

The new South Africa - has adjusted to Africa Time, now everything just takes longer to get done. They will RICA your SIM, hopefully sooner, rather than later.

HartsockZA

Might be an option, but the only one I am aware of, I have no confidence in, not when they put an antenna on a 6 meter unsupported pole that oscillates about a ruler length forwards and the same, backwards in a light breeze.

Will check if there are others, and will have to see, what the Body Corporate says about installation.
Shoot me a pm of your location and I'll see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Yuu

redarrow

Expert Member
I signed up to Supersonic recently, finally decided it was time to abandon my ADSL line as it's constantly giving problems and lately Telkom just makes excuses when I log faults.

So I signed up for the cheapest Supersonic package (60GB) just to test it.. Took them almost two weeks to deliver the router, but no worry it finally arrives and I get to test it out. So I was very satisfied with it, I get up to 125mbps which just feels so crazy fast after being used to my 10mbps ADSL line which at best got about 8mbps.

So while Supersonic's performance is great their customer service seems to be very lacking. After my data had run out I decided to immediately upgrade to the uncapped option. First problem here is that on the clientzone the "upgrade" feature doesn't work, so I log a ticket. Just to be safe I then also called them and told the operator I wanted to upgrade to uncapped, she put me on hold for like 10 minutes, then came back only to tell me she would call me back later. I never did get a call back.

I waited a couple days and then logged 2 more tickets requesting an upgrade. That was all about 2 weeks ago, the tickets are still in my account logged as "todo/new".

The really odd part about everything is that about 2 days after I had logged the first ticket, the router suddenly connected again and started working, so I carried on using it, done over 200GB in the last couple weeks so it's definitely not limited. I sort of assumed that maybe I had been upgraded to uncapped and they just haven't bothered to tell me, even though under "my services" in the clientzone it's still listed as "60gb"...

So I figured wait till the end of the month and see what they bill me for, and today I see a payment of "R101.87 - Supersonic" going off my account. :unsure:

So yea, long story short, I'm pretty confused about what they're doing to be honest, but I seem to have really fast internet that appears to be costing very little so I guess I'm pretty happy about that. :p:D

redarrow

Expert Member
Oh yea, here's a current speedtest:

12124727913.png

shals

Just got mine today , not bad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211004-174612_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20211004-174612_Speedtest.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Love

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Getting fed up with Supersonic - Getting decent speeds, but streaming is buffering. So my guess is they are throttling it, or their international is crap, and they achieving the same result, because of it.

Occasionally speeds drop down to below 10mbps, but last night I was getting in excess of 40mbps but it was buffering. I know not where to, other than to go RAIN 5G ... , just got notification that I am now in there coverage area. Not that that is a guarantee but feck what else, as they are last option, for streaming.

• Wow

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Getting fed up with Supersonic - Getting decent speeds, but streaming is buffering. So my guess is they are throttling it, or their international is crap, and they achieving the same result, because of it.

Occasionally speeds drop down to below 10mbps, but last night I was getting in excess of 40mbps but it was buffering. I know not where to, other than to go RAIN 5G ... , just got notification that I am now in there coverage area. Not that that is a guarantee but feck what else, as they are last option, for streaming.
My streamign was fine rain 5g, i was outside coverage zone.

My upload speed did take heavy knock through.

I used R999 deal and could watch anything without problems, untill loadshedding hits the tower :)

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
My streamign was fine rain 5g, i was outside coverage zone.

My upload speed did take heavy knock through.

I used R999 deal and could watch anything without problems, untill loadshedding hits the tower :)

Supersonic by me is a freaking lucky packet, tonight it is fine next few days, it is screwed, then it works again. Supersonic are not saying anything sensible. Mornings it streams perfectly.

So either they are throttling, which they deny, or their international is so crap, the end result is effectively the same as if they where throttling.
Possibly their backhaul, is not hold enough to handle the load, but that does not make much sense to me.

Is it too much to ask, to be able to run 2x 1080p streams, and play a game in the evenings.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Supersonic by me is a freaking lucky packet, tonight it is fine next few days, it is screwed, then it works again. Supersonic are not saying anything sensible. Mornings it streams perfectly.

So either they are throttling, which they deny, or their international is so crap, the end result is effectively the same as if they where throttling.
Possibly their backhaul, is not hold enough to handle the load, but that does not make much sense to me.

Is it too much to ask, to be able to run 2x 1080p streams, and play a game in the evenings.
I can tvene game without anybody doing anything else, gaming was always bad for me, as they route everything jhb so not great from cpt.

EnT@nGleD

Supersonic has absolutely been terrible of late. Battle at times to load international websites and connecting to steam/discord. CSGO ping and packet loss makes the game unplayable. I would cancel if there was any other alternatives.....

• Sad

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Supersonic has absolutely been terrible of late. Battle at times to load international websites and connecting to steam/discord. CSGO ping and packet loss makes the game unplayable. I would cancel if there was any other alternatives.....

For me the only options are Telkom 1 Terrabyte deal, Supersonic Fixed-LTE-A, or Rain 5G. No fiber, no copper.

So basically toss a coin and pick one. Neither are likely to be better than the other.

What pee's me off however, is if I connect my Shield to my Mi-Fi router with a Telkom pre-paid SIM, my streams fly. Just horrible expensive data.

Basically they are providing a service that is great for torrent pirates. The service they give is too inconsistent, bouncing all over the speed track, wich just does not cut it for streaming.

William1102

For me the only options are Telkom 1 Terrabyte deal, Supersonic Fixed-LTE-A, or Rain 5G. No fiber, no copper.

So basically toss a coin and pick one. Neither are likely to be better than the other.

What pee's me off however, is if I connect my Shield to my Mi-Fi router with a Telkom pre-paid SIM, my streams fly. Just horrible expensive data.

Basically they are providing a service that is great for torrent pirates. The service they give is too inconsistent, bouncing all over the speed track, wich just does not cut it for streaming.

I’d honestly steer away from supersonic uncapped , this has been one of the worst services I’ve used , have constant dips to 1mb speeds and high ping spikes have to constantly reboot the router and comes back after a while

Have perfect signal only 300m away from the tower

Gonna have to cancel

• Sad