The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I’d honestly steer away from supersonic uncapped , this has been one of the worst services I’ve used , have constant dips to 1mb speeds and high ping spikes have to constantly reboot the router and comes back after a while

Have perfect signal only 300m away from the tower

Gonna have to cancel

Just left Telkom, so that leaves RAIN, which is not confidence inspiring, between a rock and a hard place.

EnT@nGleD

I have decided to cancel Supersonic. Just cannot take the useless service anymore.

So try to cancel via their Whatsapp. It tells you to call the call center. Call the call center and there is no relevant selection. Hold for someone to assist and have to be transferred again to the right department. Get another useless person who says they cannot help and must send an email to cancellations@supersonic.co.za

Sent said email which confirms my cancellation request and says I must wait for an agent to contact me to finalise. Well no call received since 10am yesterday.

Does anyone know what Supersonic defines as a calendar month notice? Some people believe it be 30 or 31 days others believe it to be the 1st to the 30th or 31st.

Kaysway

I have decided to cancel Supersonic. Just cannot take the useless service anymore.

So try to cancel via their Whatsapp. It tells you to call the call center. Call the call center and there is no relevant selection. Hold for someone to assist and have to be transferred again to the right department. Get another useless person who says they cannot help and must send an email to cancellations@supersonic.co.za

Sent said email which confirms my cancellation request and says I must wait for an agent to contact me to finalise. Well no call received since 10am yesterday.

Does anyone know what Supersonic defines as a calendar month notice? Some people believe it be 30 or 31 days others believe it to be the 1st to the 30th or 31st.
An agent will contact you within tree weeks to confirm the cancelation, then after three more weeks you'll get a call from their couriers about collecting the router, whether they come i cant confirm because im still waiting for them. Worst service ever.

William1102

Thank you for contacting us regarding the cancellation of your services.

We are so sorry to see you go and value your feedback. We sincerely wish you all the best and will be right here waiting, should you wish to return to your supersonic family.

This email serves as confirmation that your supersonic account will be deactivated on the 31/10/2021. Please note, as per our terms and conditions, the month of October serves as your one calendar month notice period. For your kind information, we will send your final invoice between the 15th and 25th of .

RAM will collect the router ,R250 will b e charged for a collection fee

WhatsApp us on 083 200 4828 should you have any further enquiries.

Cancelled on Friday for anyone wondering how it goes

EnT@nGleD

Thank you for contacting us regarding the cancellation of your services.

We are so sorry to see you go and value your feedback. We sincerely wish you all the best and will be right here waiting, should you wish to return to your supersonic family.

This email serves as confirmation that your supersonic account will be deactivated on the 31/10/2021. Please note, as per our terms and conditions, the month of October serves as your one calendar month notice period. For your kind information, we will send your final invoice between the 15th and 25th of .

RAM will collect the router ,R250 will b e charged for a collection fee

WhatsApp us on 083 200 4828 should you have any further enquiries.

Cancelled on Friday for anyone wondering how it goes
Happy to say mine will also be cancelled from 31/10/2021. Also R250 courier charge but worth getting rid of this service. Was shocking again last night.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Early this morning Supersonic Fixed-LTE-A, was deader than the proverbial Dodo.

Had to restart the router twice before it came back to life. Light blue light indicating that it had connection but no internet whatsoever.

William1102

Happy to say mine will also be cancelled from 31/10/2021. Also R250 courier charge but worth getting rid of this service. Was shocking again last night.

It was for me as well, rebooted the router 5 times and still everything struggling to load , felt like rain again

William1102

They just want the router to them as quickly as possible at our expense , just watch out as someone on here said that they got billed for the router even when ram picked it up

EnT@nGleD

They just want the router to them as quickly as possible at our expense , just watch out as someone on here said that they got billed for the router even when ram picked it up

Thanks will definitely make sure that does not happen. Hopefully back to Telkom VDSL for me. Order placed waiting to see if they will do it.

Have tried Supersonic, Vodacom, Telkom LTE and Rain. When they get too many subscribers the service falls apart. VDSL was the best and most stable bar the at times the crappy ping. If only I had known that these other services would fall apart. Though the high monthly cost would have kept some exclusivity.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Thanks will definitely make sure that does not happen. Hopefully back to Telkom VDSL for me. Order placed waiting to see if they will do it.

Have tried Supersonic, Vodacom, Telkom LTE and Rain. When they get too many subscribers the service falls apart. VDSL was the best and most stable bar the at times the crappy ping. If only I had known that these other services would fall apart. Though the high monthly cost would have kept some exclusivity.

Copper gone by me ... , no more DSL ...

William1102

Well, just left Telkom, for Supersonic, only other option is Rain, so yeah, not much choice, really.

Try MTN Fixed LTE , doesn’t run on this crappy Supersonic apn and would not force route to JHB

There’s new uncapped (with a FUP) at capped speeds

Starts from 499 for 10mb

EnT@nGleD

Try MTN Fixed LTE , doesn’t run on this crappy Supersonic apn and would not force route to JHB

There’s new uncapped (with a FUP) at capped speeds

Starts from 499 for 10mb

If dsl is not installed by the end of the month will do the above month to month. Glad to know it is not on the same crap apn.

Fjorko

Expert Member
I'm absolutely desperate here guys. I'm sitting with a huge issue.

When load shedding hits where the tower is that i connect to ( even when I'm not down ), I cannot do anything. I cannot even make a phone call - this in itself is a huge risk for me, because if I ever had an emergency during load shedding ( at east in the areas that serve the towers i connect to ) I cannot contact anyone !

Does MTN not have battery backups on their towers ?????????????

Any ideas what my options are here. I have no access to fibre unfortunately

I managed to write this post hotspotting my wife's phone on Vodacom after moving her phone outdoors.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

Norrad

Expert Member
I'm absolutely desperate here guys. I'm sitting with a huge issue.

When load shedding hits where the tower is that i connect to ( even when I'm not down ), I cannot do anything. I cannot even make a phone call - this in itself is a huge risk for me, because if I ever had an emergency during load shedding ( at east in the areas that serve the towers i connect to ) I cannot contact anyone !

Does MTN not have battery backups on their towers ?????????????

Any ideas what my options are here. I have no access to fibre unfortunately
Mine is the opposite. It works great during load shedding, so the local tower definitely has battery backups, but then goes down for around 30 minutes a few minutes after the power comes back on :unsure:

EnT@nGleD

Mine is the opposite. It works great during load shedding, so the local tower definitely has battery backups, but then goes down for around 30 minutes a few minutes after the power comes back on :unsure:

Same but our tower manages to last through load shedding. I am sure it is because everyone else does not have battery backup :)

Reactions: Yuu