The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
MTN network in Centurion has been a crock of sh*t of late! My packet loss is absurd, even though DL/UL speeds are decent. I know this could be as a result of loadshedding taking its toll on the towers but I hope MTN fixes this ASAP!

Reactions: Yuu

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
MTN network in Centurion has been a crock of sh*t of late! My packet loss is absurd, even though DL/UL speeds are decent. I know this could be as a result of loadshedding taking its toll on the towers but I hope MTN fixes this ASAP!

Same in Bloemfontein - what a pain

BrendanRSA

Hi all
I am new to the LTE network thing. I have someone that stays a 100m from me in Port Elizabeth in the city center basically. He is on the Uncapped MTN Supersonic LTE Advanced or R 999 month to month and he uses a outside antenna.

I also want to go on this as I am tired of my 4mb 150gb capped package I am currently on ( probably the only one left in RSA that is still using this ). I am basically just playing online games ( now and then need to download a game or two on Steam ect. ) and my son also playes games with his friends when we get chance and watching Netflix here and there. Would this deal be of any good ? I saw there was someone else also here from PE that has the above. How do I sign up ? If anyone could be of assistance in this regard.

Kind Regards,
Brendan

EnT@nGleD

Hi all
I am new to the LTE network thing. I have someone that stays a 100m from me in Port Elizabeth in the city center basically. He is on the Uncapped MTN Supersonic LTE Advanced or R 999 month to month and he uses a outside antenna.

I also want to go on this as I am tired of my 4mb 150gb capped package I am currently on ( probably the only one left in RSA that is still using this ). I am basically just playing online games ( now and then need to download a game or two on Steam ect. ) and my son also playes games with his friends when we get chance and watching Netflix here and there. Would this deal be of any good ? I saw there was someone else also here from PE that has the above. How do I sign up ? If anyone could be of assistance in this regard.

Kind Regards,
Brendan

Rather take the 20mb - 600gb (R699) or 30mb - 700gb (R799) direct from MTN. Moved away from Supersonic direct to MTN. The speed is consistent and ping is much better.

BrendanRSA

Hi

So you say the 30mb if a better deal then the Supersonic ? Is 30mb good enough speed to watch Netflix and play games like Battlefield at the same time ? I don't want to take up a 24 month contract...

Faux_Grey

Hi

So you say the 30mb if a better deal then the Supersonic ? Is 30mb good enough speed to watch Netflix and play games like Battlefield at the same time ? I don't want to take up a 24 month contract...
All of this in my experience dealing with capped & Uncapped LTE packages from Telkom/CellC/MTN (Afrihost/supersonic)
With LTE, you won't be playing games and streaming HD content at the same time unless you can sustain a fixed bandwidth. Due to the nature of LTE, this is nearly impossible.

As soon as you start saturating the link, latency for traffic will go up
You wont notice it on the streaming side, but you'll notice it on the gaming or voice call side.

I have two contracts, one handles all the downloads and netflix, the other handles games and VOIP.

Is anyone on the 30Mb package actually getting a sustained 30Mb all day and night?
I'd be impressed if they were.

Forum Reader

Hi all

Kind Regards,
Brendan

Depends how lucky you are. Some people here have great speeds. I've been with the R999 uncapped since January and have had max download speed of around 20mb/s and upload that varies between 0mb/s and 2mb/s.

In the last month it has gotten worse. Can barely stream Youtube and can hardly even browse mybb right now. Going to cancel if this goes on much longer. I never cared about not having the great speeds that others here have. I do care when I start getting lag and latency spikes whilst also unable to do simple things like watch a youtube video. They either don't care about their customers or have no clue on what's going on with their network.

It's definitely not worth R999 pm for me but I don't have many other options despite living near the Sandton CBD. I tried Rain in Jan this year and they were complete dogshit.

Elax

My superrsonic sub coming to an end nov, but haven't even bothered using it for a couple of weeks now. This morning I got an e-mail from them stating that an order has been placed on my behalf via a channel partner... Needless to say, I won't be completing my registration for that...

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I didn't know that Axxess routed MTN to CPT - do you know if all their (recently updated) MTN packages have that same routing ?

If so, I might go for the 90 + 90 @ R349.
Yes all there packages router in cpt also.

Afrihost owns Axxess, afrihost routes through cpt so axxess will also as its the same company pretty much.

BCR

Expert Member
Yes all there packages router in cpt also.

Afrihost owns Axxess, afrihost routes through cpt so axxess will also as its the same company pretty much.
Yeah, that's my concern, somewhat.

Had MTN through Afrihost at one stage - checked to old speedtests & I see the "Air Mobile" to CPT.

It started off well with 45 down / 45 up averages, but then had regular cut out's & degraded speeds, so cancelled.

There were similar (connections cutting out) complaints in Afrihost LTE forum some months ago, but were quickly resolved as it wasn't just a lone voice.

Could be worth taking the chance to test it out again & see if improved where I am.

(sorry my posts aren't Supersonic related, though they are MTN).

Crumbl0x

Yeah, that's my concern, somewhat.

Had MTN through Afrihost at one stage - checked to old speedtests & I see the "Air Mobile" to CPT.

It started off well with 45 down / 45 up averages, but then had regular cut out's & degraded speeds, so cancelled.

There were similar (connections cutting out) complaints in Afrihost LTE forum some months ago, but were quickly resolved as it wasn't just a lone voice.

Could be worth taking the chance to test it out again & see if improved where I am.

(sorry my posts aren't Supersonic related, though they are MTN).
lol nah it's all good!

It's technically bashing Süpersonic's degraded performance by discussing alternatives, so always on topic ;-)

I really like the new deals that's slowly creeping out from everyone, especially Vodacom personally, even if the backbone from each still has some rough patches that need attending to.

For me though, because Openserve Fibre should be right around the corner, I'll put up with Süso for a while longer (still dreading the cancellation process hehe) and just mitigate some of their horrible routing with different proxies for the meantime, and then most likely take up Afrihost's new 5+5GB as the backup.

I hope everything else goes right for you!

Forum Reader

Will be cancelling this week as I got the Vodacom special. Getting 60Mbps right now on Vodacom and this on Supersonic LTE:

12323199547.png

Forum Reader

Put in my cancellation but have to serve 1 months notice so it only ends on 31/12/2021. Can't even load the speedtest website tonight. Had to come on mybb with my Vodacom sim. Paying for another month of this:

super.png

How can they be so dogshit? Load shedding ended days ago so that's no excuse. I feel like I'm being robbed now. Got to pay R999 for this month and the next for something that is clearly not working at all.

Last edited:

Crumbl0x

Woah, had 7 (so far) hard disconnects today, been a long time since that happened here lol

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Anyone else's speeds just tank in the last 5 mins or so?
Yep

Not sure what is happening with MTN of late but the last couple of months have been testing my patience to the max! I have the uncapped BF2020 special at home and it went very smooth until the ridiculous +30% packet loss issues started about 2-months ago. Still waiting for the Fibre connection so have to make due for the time being but MTN have no excuses as I live in Centurion and Vodacom/Telkom/CellC (yes I have backups in case MTN comms drop) all work just fine during/after/before loadshedding.
TL;DR
MTN F-LTE been absolutely kak the last 2 months.

Fjorko

Expert Member
I have no alternative where I live - only MTN works decently ( sort of ). Most of the time my speeds are fine, but times like this where the speeds dive to almost 0 happens way too often.

B-127

Great stuff! :thumbsup:
PING 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: seq=0 ttl=55 time=1528.045 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: seq=1 ttl=55 time=1033.572 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: seq=2 ttl=55 time=1007.157 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: seq=3 ttl=55 time=927.010 ms

--- 1.1.1.1 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 927.010/1123.946/1528.045 ms