The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

bef0k

Thanks man! Missed that one. Exactly what I was looking for. So at least not the same network backbone. Huge plus.

Now the residual risk lies in the signal/congestion issues on my local tower I guess, no easy way to predict without getting a SIM and simply trying.

Forum Reader

I cancelled a couple weeks ago and I see they charged me an additional R250 for December. So R1250 for December (1 month notice) when I can't even use it anymore. Had to come onto mybb with my Vodacom sim.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

redarrow

Expert Member
Does anyone else have an annoying problem with their LTE router switching internet "profiles"?

Mine is the TP-Link Archer MR600 and it came with 8 builtin profiles (Supersonic, Vox, Webafrica, etc.) it doesn't allow me to delete or modify these profiles. The problem is that everytime it gets power cycled and also every once in a while just completely at random it'll switch to another profile (usually "MTN internet") and then of course it doesn't connect and the net goes dead until I log into it and switch it back to the supersonic profile.

Yesterday is was even more annoying than usual in that it randomly switched (no power cycle) and I had to login and change it about 5 times before it took (each time it would just jump back to MTN).

Would be nice if there was someway to delete the extra profiles so it couldn't change.

• Sad

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Does anyone else have an annoying problem with their LTE router switching internet "profiles"?

Mine is the TP-Link Archer MR600 and it came with 8 builtin profiles (Supersonic, Vox, Webafrica, etc.) it doesn't allow me to delete or modify these profiles. The problem is that everytime it gets power cycled and also every once in a while just completely at random it'll switch to another profile (usually "MTN internet") and then of course it doesn't connect and the net goes dead until I log into it and switch it back to the supersonic profile.

Yesterday is was even more annoying than usual in that it randomly switched (no power cycle) and I had to login and change it about 5 times before it took (each time it would just jump back to MTN).

Would be nice if there was someway to delete the extra profiles so it couldn't change.

There no way to make the correct profile, the default profile?

BCR

Expert Member
I mean it kind of is, it's profile number one and it says "Default", but then all the other profiles also say "default".. :unsure:

View attachment 1207368
Is that not a "Delete" button next to the "Save" button, so that when you select the other profiles, you have the option to delete them ?

Is "Delete" greyed out when a profile is active ?

redarrow

Expert Member
Is that not a "Delete" button next to the "Save" button, so that when you select the other profiles, you have the option to delete them ?

Is "Delete" greyed out when a profile is active ?
Yea, "delete" is permanently greyed out, doesn't matter whether I select an active or inactive profile.

BCR

Expert Member
Yea, "delete" is permanently greyed out, doesn't matter whether I select an active or inactive profile.
Ridiculous that they force all those profiles on you, but I've found aspects of using & amending profiles in the Huawei B525 confusing in the past, so perhaps all of them need some work.

redarrow

Expert Member
Ridiculous that they force all those profiles on you, but I've found aspects of using & amending profiles in the Huawei B525 confusing in the past, so perhaps all of them need some work.
Yea.. it's very annoying, don't get why it needs them all especially as the router still belongs to Supersonic anyway so don't see that they'd want me using it with a competitor.

The router also has an option for an "ISP upgrade" which is supposedly a file one can download from tp-link except that I cannot find it on their website.

I suspect it may contain the profile data, was hoping I could find it because maybe it'd be a simple text file or something I could edit to change the profiles. But then I'm just guessing here, might be more complicated. :unsure:

redarrow

Expert Member
Might be too early to claim I've found a workaround but anyway..

Instead of using the builtin profiles I created a custom one, which is otherwise identical to the builtin Supersonic profile, it's a been a few days now and it hasn't once switched to another one... :unsure:

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Might be too early to claim I've found a workaround but anyway..

Instead of using the builtin profiles I created a custom one, which is otherwise identical to the builtin Supersonic profile, it's a been a few days now and it hasn't once switched to another one... :unsure:

If it works for you, it works ...