The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

moedawood

Anyone else disconnected at all? For some reason today it just disconnected. My WebAfrica is running fine, so it isn't MTN in the area...

Tried updating to auto, and manual for towers and whatnot, same issue.
Nope. Wasn’t disconnected today. I think because the promo is new, their system is still being updated with this.

ItherNiT

Have you guys been able to use your own router with the service? I got the Huawei 3 Pro from takeallot but I get a green light instead of the blue one. The provided router works, but mine doesn't.

moedawood

Have you guys been able to use your own router with the service? I got the Huawei 3 Pro from takeallot but I get a green light instead of the blue one. The provided router works, but mine doesn't.
That router is not supported and cannot be used. There’s like only 3 huawei routers that can be used. The B525, B612, B618. No other huawei router will work.

ItherNiT

Thnx. I see it's the B535.

Speeds aren't bad. Getting around 50mbps in my parents rural town. Around 40mbps faster than my vodacom lte and way faster than the the 10mbps adsl line that actually around 2mbps.

I hope the speed stays this good while the network gets busy during the week.

Speedtest https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/6772185709

William1102

Managed to get hold of Supersonic. They said I moved my router, and that they locked it. It has literally been in one position the entire time...

Well you only have 4 moves a year and supersonic says moving it counts as one and reconnecting to your home tower also counts as one move

xJPiix

Managed to get hold of Supersonic. They said I moved my router, and that they locked it. It has literally been in one position the entire time...
My router disconnected on friday night. I phoned and was told I dont have any Data (-15gigs on there side). Told them I was on uncapped.

They then said my router was locked. Told them I hadnt moved it and they would unlock it and I must leave it on for an hour then reset. Its working now but a bit worrying. He did say it wont happen again. Something about DNS settings (I think) on the tower and being a new subscriber being assigned. I dont know.... I am not an expert so dont know what to ask or if they telling the truth or just giving me jargon.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
My router disconnected on friday night. I phoned and was told I dont have any Data (-15gigs on there side). Told them I was on uncapped.

They then said my router was locked. Told them I hadnt moved it and they would unlock it and I must leave it on for an hour then reset. Its working now but a bit worrying. He did say it wont happen again. Something about DNS settings (I think) on the tower and being a new subscriber being assigned. I dont know.... I am not an expert so dont know what to ask or if they telling the truth or just giving me jargon.
Exactly the same as me :) Technical had to put me through to customer care due to me "going over my cap"...customer support said they are idiots, as you don't have a cap...was transferred back to support and he unlocked it.

MikeaMatrix

Mine got switched over this morning but their website is reporting weird stuff.

MTN UNCAPPED.jpg

Will check this evening when i get home but it seems my modem offline currently.
It seems i will have to contact support about this, seemingly disconnected since change.
Not exactly a smooth transition.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
I can't even log in to my portal. They have reset it, but still nothing. I just do not get a OTP...

It has not been the best experience, to be honest. And I feel the staff are not well trained in dealing with technical issues, at all. Hopefully they get it sorted.

ItherNiT

I can't even log in to my portal. They have reset it, but still nothing. I just do not get a OTP...

It has not been the best experience, to be honest. And I feel the staff are not well trained in dealing with technical issues, at all. Hopefully they get it sorted.
I have the same problem with the portal. The agent told me she would escalate to her manager. But I seriously doubt she did that.
Maybe this is a BF problem, did you also sign up on the website? Are you using vodacom number for the OTP?

MikeaMatrix

Check now gain. Its is back online.
Portal now changed to this.

MTN UNCAPPED 2.jpg

Suppose the system is not geared for uncapped and they were not ready to go live with it at launch.
Seem to be working on it though. Will test this evening.

moedawood

Check now gain. Its is back online.
Portal now changed to this.

View attachment 964056

Suppose the system is not geared for uncapped and they were not ready to go live with it at launch.
Seem to be working on it though. Will test this evening.
Same as mine. Can’t see my anytime usage. Twitter team said they’re sorting out. I like to keep track of usage. Helps to see how much data I actually use vs paying for.

B-127

Here is a comparison between B612 and B618.

B612
10506812356.png

B618
10507022895.png

ghostRgg

Expert Member
How long did it take for it to activate? Been waiting for around 5 hours now and still no luck.

B-127

How long did it take for it to activate? Been waiting for around 5 hours now and still no luck.
I fetched my parcel. When I switched the router on I had a red light. After about 15 minutes, I called tech support and was told my account wasn't activated yet. They redirected my call to customer service, and they requested my account be activated internally. Within 10 minutes, I had internet.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Finally had some time to install the bloody thing.

Inserted the SIM into my B618 and changed the APN to the one Supersonic recommends - ws.supersonic.fwa - and the sim connected within 30seconds of the changes being made. Easy so far.

My first speedtest was disappointing:
10508873145.png

Waited about 10mins and did another one:
10508938424.png

Still not the best

At the moment my B618 is showing only 4G -> can I use that LTEWatch tool to select the aggregate bands (B1+B3) and will that help to resolve some of the speed issues? Telkom LTE SIM pushes around 15-35Mbps during the same time in the evening so wondering if this speed issue is due to tower/channel saturation?
@cavedog let me know whether that band tool will even work? I will be super disappointed if this is the best my coverage can manage...

EDIT: I see my connection already shows 4G+ so I assume the router is automatically aggregating the bands? 1606767890795.png

Last edited:

PieterShaun

Finally had some time to install the bloody thing.

Inserted the SIM into my B618 and changed the APN to the one Supersonic recommends - ws.supersonic.fwa - and the sim connected within 30seconds of the changes being made. Easy so far.

My first speedtest was disappointing:
10508873145.png

Waited about 10mins and did another one:
10508938424.png

Still not the best

At the moment my B618 is showing only 4G -> can I use that LTEWatch tool to select the aggregate bands (B1+B3) and will that help to resolve some of the speed issues? Telkom LTE SIM pushes around 15-35Mbps during the same time in the evening so wondering if this speed issue is due to tower/channel saturation?
@cavedog let me know whether that band tool will even work? I will be super disappointed if this is the best my coverage can manage...

EDIT: I see my connection already shows 4G+ so I assume the router is automatically aggregating the bands? View attachment 964740
Def a signal issue, your up load speed is super, but downloads eish... Try just band 3 @ 1800mhz