The official supersonic R999 Uncapped feedback!

netstrider

Expert Member
Managed to get hold of Supersonic. They said I moved my router, and that they locked it. It has literally been in one position the entire time...
Yep.

Was going to mention this to you.

Has been happening to my neighbour, at least for the first 3 weeks.

He has since had none of that as far as I know.

thapedict

I want this deal but MTN has been acting up lately, don't believe I'll enjoy that uncapped package with speeds of less than 10mbps. bloody hell!!!

MikeaMatrix

Tested at home. Was working by the time i got home and my speeds are unchanged from previous capped levels.
Time will tell if this holds out.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm still on capped package:(

Will give it till around 9am, and then give them a call.

ItherNiT

Will also give them a call tomorrow, I'm still not getting my OTP to sign into the portal

ItherNiT

That router is not supported and cannot be used. There’s like only 3 huawei routers that can be used. The B525, B612, B618. No other huawei router will work.
Is it any B618 that works with the network? Or is it only certain ones B618-22d or B618-65?

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
So been running mine since Friday, speed is good for me, up to 60mbps. Had a disconnect yesterday out of nowhere. Had to phone support. They had to do a tower connection reset. After an hour, reboot all up again.

The online dashboard is definitely wonkey, but not that we care about data limits on uncapped anyway. Ping in game is iffy, especially with other network traffic sharing the connection.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Ok support says it is showing uncapped on their side.

Wont switch over it to yet, will check again later as I don't want to run out of data,

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Welp time to rash MTN. They tried to deliver two with RAM and it seems there has been some mixup. Still the dead red light and my girlfriend is busy talking to support right now. Hopefully this gets resolved shortly otherwise we paying non-pro rata for nothing.

B-127

Ordered and paid yesterday. Have not heard anything from them yet.

Any idea how far from the tower you are?
I got a RAM notification(about a day after payment) stating they are collecting a parcel from SuperSonic for me.

Using the UnwiredLabs API, I pin the tower about 2 km away. I can't see the tower, and I've got a fair amount of blue gum trees around me.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Dear Customer, Awesome news! Your product change to FLTE PROMO UNCAPPED @R999 is now active. WhatsApp queries: 0861787377. The supersonic Team

Just got this sms

Portal still show old package, but I think the upgrade is done in back end, so going to switch off the ADSL now :)

Portal shows uncapped fibre now lol?

Speeds are great, wonder if I should get B618 and test again! Using B612.

Attachments

• speeds.JPG
    speeds.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Update: Well just our luck. So RAM or whoever packed it gave us the wrong Sim, they now have no idea about this Sim and need to manually try activate it. Said it could be 1-2 days... Well if they fully charge us its gonna be annoying.

Also, doesn't the B612 have external antenna support :/

Crumbl0x

Damn not a great first impression, the link to pay the upfront activation fee doesn't work and the portal page seems to be down or times out indefinitely. Tech support time.

PieterShaun

Update: Well just our luck. So RAM or whoever packed it gave us the wrong Sim, they now have no idea about this Sim and need to manually try activate it. Said it could be 1-2 days... Well if they fully charge us its gonna be annoying.

Yes it does... just unclip the white panel thingy.... But in my case, when I tried an external antenna on my b612 I actually get worse speed with external antenna, then internal... do not know why.

MikeaMatrix

It does. There is a cover on the back. Although i get better speeds without an antenna than with. But latency is the reverse situation.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Signal stats, thinking of getting B618 to see if can get any faster!

Attachments

• signal.JPG
    signal.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 70

B-127

I tweaked my router position slightly.

10511250195.png

Reactions: LFX