The Official "The Orville" Thread (Trekkies welcome....T&C Apply)

killerbyte

Expert Member
The end of voyager they went through the borg warp coil really quickly, that surely had to be faster than Warp 10. There is also other instances of people going over warp 10, but I think safety was the issue then
They went through a Borg Transwarp Conduit... and yes its faster than Warp 10.

And I hate you for making my inner Trekkie angry with your incorrectness.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
They went through a Borg Transwarp Conduit... and yes its faster than Warp 10.

And I hate you for making my inner Trekkie angry with your incorrectness.
Sorry man, I apologize.

Still have 2 more episodes to go - Struggling to binge watch recently. I will be okay until the 26th

isie

Honorary Master
So after long (and unsuccessful) attempts to mingle with our fellow Trekkies, we Orvillians, were politely asked to start our own thread.

Trekkies is of course welcome to join discussions or make comparisons etc, as we Orville fans are in fact Trekkies at heart. Just don't make inappropriate Star Wars cross-over jokes.

The Orville Thread is officially.......OPEN

View attachment 469143

So......you think Adrianne Palicki is single?
just came past to say this Harcore Trekkie had no issue with Orville sharing a thread

beans100

Honorary Master
So the front part of the Voyager?
I think the picture of the Orville is a bit small in relations with Voyager. I think the Orville is bigger than the Voyager.
In episode 5, when they zoomed in on Mecer's room, at the time of the gathering in his quarters, his room seemed to be at an angle on the back of the Orville, though on this picture it seems like straight floors.

Here's the best I can find on the net now, will see if I can get a shot from the episode at home:

orville-approach.png

beans100

Honorary Master
Yea, just watched the latest. Little disapointed, that I had to wait two weeks. Very good episode.

"Suck ass, I'm a spaceman"

isie

Honorary Master
Should I Google Seth and his religious affiliations or will you oblige?

He was born Catholic but is an Atheist , he is openly anti religion (noted a bit more towards christianity), but not a militant Atheist.
He will throw one religious joke in say 3 or 4 episodes of a series. So expect a joke or jokes like this every now and again.

A Lot of Christian sites and Blogs don't like him

Gist of how he speaks :
Stay away from the church. In the battle over science vs. religion, science offers credible evidence for all the serious claims it makes. The church says, ‘Oh, it’s right here in this book, see? The one written by people who thought the sun was magic?’ I for one would like to see some proof that there is a God. And if you say ‘a baby’s smile’ I’m going to kick you right in the stomach