The Official "The Orville" Thread (Trekkies welcome....T&C Apply)

Sinbad

Honorary Master
That episode was such an awesome indictment of the mob mentality on social media.
Loved it!

ponder

Honorary Master
There's some strong anti-religious undertones?
If it gets too much for you then I recommend shows like Little House on the Prairie, 7th Heaven, The Waltons, Touched By An Angel, Highway to Heaven etc :p:D

Rabobi

Executive Member
That episode was such an awesome indictment of the mob mentality on social media.
Loved it!
What a weird, wacky episode. I wanna hate the show, but I loved the last one about social media lol

wizardofid

Executive Member
Still watching the show :D Quite happy I stuck to my guns, as apparently this is Fox's highest rated Thursday(after moving from the Sunday slot) show, critics panning the show far and wide, but audiences showing them what to do with their opinions.....gotta love them for that.

If the last EP some how happened here, I would be the first to be "corrected"........

Lupus

Honorary Master
I'm not sure on this last episode, felt a bit like an old TNG episode and it was a bit meh. Still had some good moments, just don't feel it was the best.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The Official "The Orville" Thread (Trekkies welcome....T&C Apply)

Yup

killerbyte

Expert Member
I'm not sure on this last episode, felt a bit like an old TNG episode and it was a bit meh. Still had some good moments, just don't feel it was the best.
I also thought it felt like a TNG episode (doesnt help that I have been rewatching TNG over the last few months). It feels like a tribute to its inspiration and for that MacFarlane should win over a lot of Trekkies.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I also thought it felt like a TNG episode (doesnt help that I have been rewatching TNG over the last few months). It feels like a tribute to its inspiration and for that MacFarlane should win over a lot of Trekkies.
Yeah the other episodes had mixes of Trek but felt self contained, this one definitely felt TNG :). Will see this week.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Was very impressed with latest. Brilliant use of satire involving social media.

Lupus

Honorary Master
This last episode was decidedly light on comedy and really felt like I was watching a more serious Sci-fi.

Ghoster79

Glad I'm not the only one noticing a decline in the comedy in the last episode or 2