The official Ubiquiti Devices Q&A Thread

gbyleveldt

That’s very strange. I run 4 SSID’s (with one dedicated to only IoT) without issue. Although the IoT one only has 2.4GHz enabled. Have you tried enabling the new SSID, but not connecting anything to it to try and isolate the issue?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
That’s very strange. I run 4 SSID’s (with one dedicated to only IoT) without issue. Although the IoT one only has 2.4GHz enabled. Have you tried enabling the new SSID, but not connecting anything to it to try and isolate the issue?

Yep - that's exactly what I did - within a minute or two of creating a 2.4 Ghz SSID (nothing connected to it) everything just goes haywire.

It's a head scratcher...

alqassam

Expert Member
Five Unifi AP's (3 x AC-Lites and 2x AC-LR) + Cloudkey - all wired.

When I add a 2nd WiFi network (fir my IoT devices) the entire network becomes unstable and clients lose signal.

Anyone encountered similar behaviour?
Seems odd. Running any vlans?

I have 4 ssids 1 main 1 IoT 1 guest 1 for tenant with 6 aps and 2 switches with zero issues

alqassam

Expert Member
3 AP are wired into a Netgear managed PoE switch - 2 others to downstream TP Link cheapies - primary router (DHCP server) is a Mikrotik RB2011
Try to apply the new ssid to one ap at a time and see how it goes

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I knew that internal power supply on the UDM was a kak idea.

Not a year later and it just died and how I have jack **** and need to do a warranty claim.

At least the AP’s operate independently but of course I can’t change anything.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Try to apply the new ssid to one ap at a time and see how it goes
Going to try that - just tried applying to all five AP's again and 3 of the four wireless cams dropped off the network - remove the additional SSID and they came back to life...

Edit: Applied IoT SSID to 1 AP - so far so good...

Last edited:

deesef

Expert Member
Going to try that - just tried applying to all five AP's again and 3 of the four wireless cams dropped off the network - remove the additional SSID and they came back to life...
Try giving the AP's a fixed IP address. Some years back I had an AP that was disconnecting randomly. After I applied a fixed IP the problem disappeared. (I'm using an edge router x)

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Try giving the AP's a fixed IP address. Some years back I had an AP that was disconnecting randomly. After I applied a fixed IP the problem disappeared. (I'm using an edge router x)
Thanks - they all have fixed IP's - most of my devices do - the Mikrotik allows me to do it from the 'server' side - heh! helps me keep things nicely organised - I'd go crazy if my IP's were all over the place :p

:p I'm so bladdy OCD I have them in nice little clusters - so cameras are 190-194; etc :ROFL:

eish, my wife says she worries about me sometimes....

alqassam

Expert Member
Thanks - they all have fixed IP's - most of my devices do - the Mikrotik allows me to do it from the 'server' side - heh! helps me keep things nicely organised - I'd go crazy if my IP's were all over the place

I'm so bladdy OCD I have them in nice little clusters - so cameras are 190-194; etc :ROFL:

I have an excel file with all of my ranges and which category plus the Macs of the devices

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

Edit: Applied IoT SSID to 1 AP - so far so good...
Edit: All 5 AP's in the loop now - I took it easy and added them one by one :p

Everytime I add another AP a couple of devices migrate away from the AP I've just added to the IoT SSID and I have to reconnect/refresh.

Haven't added any devices to the IoT SSID yet though - first want to see if it runs stable on all five AP's (then the Echo's, Cameras, Shelly's, Ring, etc will be moved over.....slowly...)

Lesson learnt - because I added them all at once initially, the clients roamed all over the place which resulted in the dropouts I observed - if I'd left it alone for long enough they would probably have sorted themselves out, but ja - when the whole house starts screaming at you because 'DAAAAAAAAAAAD, THE WIFI IS BROKEN....' then it gets a bit hairy :ROFL:

Last edited:

deesef

Expert Member
I have an excel file with all of my ranges and which category plus the Macs of the devices
Thanks - they all have fixed IP's - most of my devices do - the Mikrotik allows me to do it from the 'server' side - heh! helps me keep things nicely organised - I'd go crazy if my IP's were all over the place

I'm so bladdy OCD I have them in nice little clusters - so cameras are 190-194; etc :ROFL:

I didn't know that this "condition"was so widespread! We will need to develop a vaccine

I'm glad that your system is sorted.

powermzii

Expert Member
Looks like there is an update afoot for the Unifi Network Application

Anyone updated? Looks to be some good fixes and improvements there. Seems to be a RC at the moment and only manually update able

Just upgraded my Windows based controller - some of the visual updates off the bat:

Wifi Insights now includes a Wifi chart
1632319711127.png

Topology now includes some additional filters
1632319794765.png

You can power cycle individual POE ports manually
1632319883693.png

Enhanced Notifications
1632320838531.png

Last edited:

RonSwanson

Executive Member

georgelza

guys

Whats the difference between:

Ubiquiti UniFi Flex Mini USW-FLEX-MINI 5-port Gigabit 1 PoE Input Managed Switch​

and

Ubiquiti 5 Port Gigabit Managed 1 PoE Input UniFi Flex Switch USW-Flex-Mini 5-port USW-5FLEXMINI​

Getting idea these are exactly the same switches.

G