The official Ubiquiti Devices Q&A Thread

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Very impressed with the range of APs that now support wpa3. Even the uap ac lite... Noticed the wpa3 on my pc the other day

TedLasso

Expert Member
So far so good with locking my IoT devices to specific APs.

It's been one of the more irritating things about loadshedding - having to trawl through the list to ensure that devices have connected to the closest AP
That's one thing I have not faced. Since all the APs boot up simultaneously after LS, the iOT devices normally connect to the one I need them to connect to i.e the closest one.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Question: I upgraded my internet to 200mbps (openserve). Does the USG support nowadays that speed if Deep packet inspection and that other stuff is turned on. Previously , I know it was limited to 85Mbps but there was some software change in the last year (IIRC) that appeared to bump it up. I was on 100mbps, and was getting the full 100Mbps with everything turned on.

Did speedtests from a laptop connected via 1Gbps network cable and while I see my U/L is now 100Mbps (previous: 50Mbps), my download seem to be stuck at 100Mbps.

Mzezman

Question: I upgraded my internet to 200mbps (openserve). Does the USG support nowadays that speed if Deep packet inspection and that other stuff is turned on. Previously , I know it was limited to 85Mbps but there was some software change in the last year (IIRC) that appeared to bump it up. I was on 100mbps, and was getting the full 100Mbps with everything turned on.

Did speedtests from a laptop connected via 1Gbps network cable and while I see my U/L is now 100Mbps (previous: 50Mbps), my download seem to be stuck at 100Mbps.
First port of call would be to check your cable - they are the easiest thing to screw up above 100Mbps. If that checks out then try disabling the DPI and other stuff and retest.

I have DPI running but no IPS and IDS

1638437006420.png

With IDS turned on
1638437477238.png

With IPS turned on
1638437778123.png

Last edited:

Mzezman

Ubiquiti Breach - Updates

TL:DR -
  1. Employee stole the data via SSH from AWS and Github
  2. Employee attempts to extort Ubiquiti demanding ransom in bitcoin
  3. Employee "whistleblows" by sharing the information with reputable news sources
  4. Employee identity exposed after VPN error
  5. Employee arrested by the FBI - charged with 4 counts with a max 37years

Last edited:

insect

Ok please help a noob with load balancing and fail over on an edge router x.

My MTN LTE dies when its load shedding but Vodacom stays up - so I got a Voda Black Friday deal 400gb @ 20mb's.

So I would like fail over for when MTN dies to the Voda - I have done the Wizard for 2 WANs - Eth 0 is MTN and ETH 1 is VODA .

I have switched both LTE routers into bridge mode.

So far internet is working and when I do a speedtest it shows MTN - not sure what will happen when MTN goes down I presume it will switch over to vodacom.

In the config it shows ETH0 Failover Only + and ETH1 Failover Only -

Is this the correct setup, what does the + and - indicate? Is there anything else I need to do?

ItherNiT

Everyone needs to upgrade unifi controller software (if you are exposing it to the web)!

yogidabear

UniFi Network Application 6.5.55​

Improvements​

• Update log4j version to 2.16.0 (CVE-2021-45046).

yogidabear

Oh my its official:

UniFi Network Application 6.5.55
OfficialUniFiUniFi Routing & SwitchingUniFi WirelessSecurity
https://community.ui.com/releases/U...n-6-5-55/48c64137-4a4a-41f7-b7e4-3bee505ae16e
Yet a release candidate

Overview​

* This release is currently a release candidate.

Anybody can go download but bear in mind its not that hectic a problem depending on your setup and you can wait for it to be pushed. Not sure how its official and RC, must be a certain time period

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Mine updated a day or two ago (Docker).

EDIT: I lied. I thought it did, but it didn't so checking now.