The official Ubiquiti Devices Q&A Thread

getafix33

Expert Member
See if the phone app doesn’t detect it and let you upgrade / configure it as a stand alone.

Also try resetting it for longer, like 30+ seconds.

If it’s staying white it likely hasn’t fully reset and thinks it’s talking to whatever controller it was connected to before. It should be blinking continuously.
Doesn’t a “longer” reset put the devices into recovery mode and flashing white means it’s booting up and solid white means it’s waiting to be adopted

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Doesn’t a “longer” reset put the devices into recovery mode and flashing white means it’s booting up and solid white means it’s waiting to be adopted

You may be right. I honestly don’t remember any more.

nad_isa

A bit off topic but how do I best power 2 APs during loadshedding. One is a AC LR running on 24v poe injector and a NanOHD running on a 48v poe injector I believe. Don't want to try different ups and mess up the APs. I have a gizzu unit currently powering the ONT router.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
A bit off topic but how do I power 2 APs during loadshedding. One is a AC LR running on 24v pos injector and a NanOHD running on a 48v poe injector I believe. Don't want to try different ups and mess up the APs. I have a gizzu unit currently powering the ONT router.

I have an AC LR being powered via the PoE LAN port on a Gizzu unit. Works perfectly.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Not finding any compatibility tables for the Nano on 24v and the Voltage range support table lists 47+ - so fair bet it won't do 24v passive PoE
If you need to passive power i'd replace the Nano with another AC

nad_isa

Not finding any compatibility tables for the Nano on 24v and the Voltage range support table lists 47+ - so fair bet it won't do 24v passive PoE
If you need to passive power i'd replace the Nano with another AC
Thanks. So won't find any of these mini Ups that does 24v and 48v poe? Damn, such a schlep to sell and replace..

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Thanks. So won't find any of these mini Ups that does 24v and 48v poe? Damn, such a schlep to sell and replace..

I have a vague recollection of the Ultralan units being able to do 48v but could be completely wrong of course.....

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
I have a vague recollection of the Ultralan units being able to do 48v but could be completely wrong of course.....
https://shop.dbg.co.za/mups45w8-8ahg.html if you want to buy another UPS instead

MUPS45W-PoE.jpg

Multiple PoE Output Options, now with 48V​

The Micro UPS offers various voltages on it's PoE output port to power any of your devices. A selectable toggle can switch between 15V, 24V, or 48V. The newly included 48V PoE option can be used to power a VoIP phone, an IP camera, a Ubiquiti UniFi access point, a MikroTik cAP access point, or other 48V compatible devices.

nad_isa

Ai. Couldn't for the life of me me figure out why my one AP was pulling full speed (40Mbps) and the other 10mbps. Ended up being the cable I crimped incorrectly on the one jack..

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Those of you running your Unifi controller in a docker instance, what is your memory usage like?

As the updates have rolled in, the memory size has become so bloated. I remember when I used to be able to run it on a Pi 3B with 1GB RAM along with four or five other containers. Now, it eats up around 900MB if left to its own devices, so I've put a memory limit on of 768MB to prevent it from running out of control.

1651210879766.png

yogidabear

Those of you running your Unifi controller in a docker instance, what is your memory usage like?
When I started using Protect I got a Cloud Key + so not very helpful to you, however if I stop the Network app the memory usage drops by 608megs. Am running version 7.1.61

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Was about to post a thread - let me try here first.

I have a USG - I've setup a VPN. I can connect to the VPN from various clients, I can ping devices on the internal network - but I can't connect to their services (e.g. web services on port 80 or ssh to machines, or any service - they only respond to ping). I am trying to connect to them via ip address.

Anyone know where to start? USG and controller are latest versions, I've tried deleting and recreating both VPN server and client.

valiente

Does anyone know of the best way to split my UAP RJ45 to give my PC LAN Access?

Basically I have a LAN Cable running into my roof, 30m away from the switch, powering a U6 AP.
My PC is connected via this with Wi-Fi, but lately I have been experiencing some stutters and drops.

Now instead of adding another dedicated 30m cable, pain in the ass to add, is there a way I can get a switch powered via POE up there with POE out to go to the AP with 1 more non POE port to give my PC data?
There is power in the roof, but I would prefer not to use that.

More of a temporary solution, but is something like that possible?

nad_isa

Does anyone know of the best way to split my UAP RJ45 to give my PC LAN Access?

Basically I have a LAN Cable running into my roof, 30m away from the switch, powering a U6 AP.
My PC is connected via this with Wi-Fi, but lately I have been experiencing some stutters and drops.

Now instead of adding another dedicated 30m cable, pain in the ass to add, is there a way I can get a switch powered via POE up there with POE out to go to the AP with 1 more non POE port to give my PC data?
There is power in the roof, but I would prefer not to use that.

More of a temporary solution, but is something like that possible?
im no expert but not sure how much you gna pay for POE switch - a dumb gpbs mini switch in the roof (where you have power) might be the simplest/cost effective?