The official Ubiquiti Devices Q&A Thread

well unless im doing something really wrong..

i dont have a cloud key, i signed up on their site, put the details in the cloud access section in the controller, now i can access my controller via their cloud, if its running.
Can confirm. Running on an Pi and have remote access too.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
well unless im doing something really wrong..

i dont have a cloud key, i signed up on their site, put the details in the cloud access section in the controller, now i can access my controller via their cloud, if its running.
Hmm, not working for me for some reason

access

Executive Member
Hmm, not working for me for some reason
the controller must be installed and running on a pc in the network. i assume it connects out to the cloud service.

i had to restart my usg(pro4) and disable IPS locally for it to connect again, else it would say connection failed and take me back to the cloud dash. enabling ips afterwards again(via cloud now) did not drop the connection or stop me from connecting again. ..buggy

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
the controller must be installed and running on a pc in the network. i assume it connects out to the cloud service.

i had to restart my usg(pro4) and disable IPS locally for it to connect again, else it would say connection failed and take me back to the cloud dash. enabling ips afterwards again(via cloud now) did not drop the connection or stop me from connecting again. ..buggy
Controller is running - don't have a USG though, only APs

access

Executive Member
Controller is running - don't have a USG though, only APs
dont think you need it, appears to connect to the controller software

NOTES & REQUIREMENTS: A UBNT account is needed to use cloud access via https://unifi.ubnt.com. This article will help if more information on how to create a UBNT account is needed.

System Requirements:
  • Windows 7/8/8.1/10: UniFi Controller Software v4.8.15 or above
  • Mac OS X: UniFi Controller Software v4.8.15 or above
  • Linux: Please search for the release notes for your Linux operating system here to determine if your version has any specific requirements outside of the general information provided here.
  • 64-bit Java
  • Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Windows IE 10 (or above)