The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

SiR_BP

I had a similar problem a while ago and it boils down to the Telkom/Vodacom roaming.
I have excellent signal readings as shown but my speeds went to hell.
I also contacted WebAfrica and they told me I don't know how to use my router, and gave me a long story on that.

Speedtest link at the time: https://speedtest.co.za/result/434396

Signal strengths all the time:
@ProAsm how did you resolve your issues or did it self rectify?

SiR_BP

I’m also thinking there’s a roaming issue in the area perhaps. I put my Telkom mobile sim in the router and got the same slow throughout. Put the sim back into the mobile router, performed the same tests and the throughput was even worse.

Tested normal mobile data (Vodacom) and getting full speed
I'm almost certain its a roaming/tower issue. My mobile Telkom router is working at full speeds away from our area :X3:

SiR_BP

Another thing i noticed, my PC is connected directly via LAN cable to the router but the routers stats show the below. Is this correct?

7044611566808012908.png

ProAsm

Expert Member
@SiR_BP - Yeah, thats fine as is :)

@AfriMan - Yeah I wrote you about 3 months back about when and if you guys get Telkom LTE but never got a reply.
Now I'm stuck at WA :)

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@SiR_BP - Yeah, thats fine as is :)

@AfriMan - Yeah I wrote you about 3 months back about when and if you guys get Telkom LTE but never got a reply.
Now I'm stuck at WA :)
Sorry about that - to be honest I didn't know when we would launch (or if it would definitely happen), so I didn't want to make any promises.

Let's hope you can move over sometime soon :)

SiR_BP

you should try finding the cellphone mast in your suburb go 25 meters away from it with your router and laptop and do a speedtest :)
@Super_Sonic - Tried posting this last night from home but couldn't upload the file. Used the "Open Signal" app and these are towers (think Vodacom) closet to home (about 2 streets away).

NB! Not sure how accurate the IOS app is

Attachments

Terumo

Seems i'm moving to Afrihost too, cancelled today with WA.
Ordered 100+100 package, got 50+50. Only noticed 4 days ago because of broken data tracker, Logged fault, was told would be rectified in 24 hours. 4 Days later no dice

Make sure you are getting what you are paying for, via telkom portal

dillydog

Good morning,

I am thinking of getting this service, Can anyone tell me if either the Webafrica or Afrihost service has any inbound forwarding limitations, so do you actually get allocated an Public routable IP or is it a natted IP. Also are there any port limitations, like do they block RDP outbound or anything strange ala Rain

VioletVenom

Hi @WebAfrica Helper

Please can you help me solve my LTE router delivery and sim. My order was sent to my home by the courier company because Webafrica didnt deliver to the right location which i specially entered as my place of work as no one is home during the day. I have been running around for two days trying to get this solved and web africa is doing nothing to progress my issues. I have called the courier company ten times in two days and they keep telling me they would be happy to deliver my package to my work if the Provisioning team manager approves the change of adress which is the correct adress right from the start. Why should i be jumping through hoops and posting on forums to get assisted as a new customer this is a joke of experience. Can I PM you my details @WebAfrica Helper to please get this problem resolved as I was told i'm waiting for the LTE manager to approve my delivery address change and it would take 20 minutes its been 4 hours and nothing has been done and zero contact from webafrica on any of the support ticket i have logged as urgent. I have to work from home as i'm on standby and this is causing me nothing but frustration.

Regards

Violet venom

Zuner

Expert Member
So i got the 70/50 from Afrihost and want to link the sim to my telkom account so i can view better usage stats, however when trying to link on the telkom portal i enter the number and my ID, i get a OTP and upon entering that i get
Invalid ID/Passport and mobile number combination.
Anyone experience this?

marioat1

Expert Member
So i got the 70/50 from Afrihost and want to link the sim to my telkom account so i can view better usage stats, however when trying to link on the telkom portal i enter the number and my ID, i get a OTP and upon entering that i get

Anyone experience this?
You'll need to ask afrihost, as we're with webAfrica here.