The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

master4real

Thanks this link wasn't loading for me yesterday.
Thanks this link wasn't loading for me yesterday.
I can see my balances via Telkom app. I tried to link my sim with my existing Telkom account but couldn't allow me. It appears as if the sim is still registered in someone's name. When you open the app and it tells you to link with Telkom account, just ignore that option and select the next option.

Zuner

Expert Member
I can see my balances via Telkom app. I tried to link my sim with my existing Telkom account but couldn't allow me. It appears as if the sim is still registered in someone's name. When you open the app and it tells you to link with Telkom account, just ignore that option and select the next option.
thanks, this is exactly what i experienced, the sim is in somebody else's name, per the website so i cannot link it to my telkom account, haven't tried the app yet, will do so.

ab-user

Anybody with a scraper / tool to retrieve data allocation balances from the onnet.telkom portal? Ideally to run this via a crontab script and to pull the info into hass.io!

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
Ordered on Wed. Received it yesterday morning. No activation as of yet. Makes you wonder if it is going to connect at all, or if youve done something wrong.

Issue is, we are in a small town with one tower for Telkom (I am in the zone), yet I cannot connect to it manually. My Cell C Package from Axxess connected within a few minutes. So who knows with this yo.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ordered on Wed. Received it yesterday morning. No activation as of yet. Makes you wonder if it is going to connect at all, or if youve done something wrong.

Issue is, we are in a small town with one tower for Telkom (I am in the zone), yet I cannot connect to it manually. My Cell C Package from Axxess connected within a few minutes. So who knows with this yo.
The Telkom simcards take a day or two to activate. For me with Afrihost it took 2 and a half days.

@Zuner You can view balances via onnet.telkom.co.za from the simcard but you can not register it. These are resold simcards and are registered to Afrohost. You will see the person Gregory Payne. He is the co owner of Afrihost as far as I know so it's probably registered in his name or the company name.

They also forced the spend limit to R0 so people don't run up a bill in their name and since you can register these simcards you can't top up, buy or change stuff on the number which is fair.

Zuner

Expert Member
The Telkom simcards take a day or two to activate. For me with Afrihost it took 2 and a half days.

@Zuner You can view balances via onnet.telkom.co.za from the simcard but you can not register it. These are resold simcards and are registered to Afrohost. You will see the person Gregory Payne. He is the co owner of Afrihost as far as I know so it's probably registered in his name or the company name.

They also forced the spend limit to R0 so people don't run up a bill in their name and since you can register these simcards you can't top up, buy or change stuff on the number which is fair.
i see, thanks this saved me a lot of trouble i was about to take on trying to get it to work. its for the parents so i'd have wasted a lot of time remotely trying to get it right.

cavedog

Honorary Master
i see, thanks this saved me a lot of trouble i was about to take on trying to get it to work. its for the parents so i'd have wasted a lot of time remotely trying to get it right.
I have not tried to direct recharge or bundle purchase using credit card but that should work. You just can't register the profile so only onnet.telkom.co.za works and obviously you can't buy bundles to add to the account as you are not the account holder Afrihost is and they set it to R0.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
So it has finally been activated. Seems like most, when you receive the invoice, it activates. That's what happened to me.

ProAsm

Expert Member

VioletVenom

Hey guys is anyone down on telkom network now my phone is down on telkom prepaid and so is my web africa lte connection at home and I'm in a different location at work. Anyone know what's going on had to use a vodacom Sim in another phone to create a Hotspot just to post now couldn't even make a mobile call

crafty_devil

My router took 56 hours from being switched on to finally show the blue light. (Apparently, the Telkom towers don't work on public holidays, although the WebAfrica couriers do.)

Light is blue, wifi signal is on, and reception is at three bars.

BUT l connect to the network using the Wifi key printed on the sticker! I keep on getting an 'incorrect password' message.

l struggled for hours this morning to get through to WebAfrica support. They told me to reset the router. I did that. It still doesn't work.

How can I solve this?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
My router took 56 hours from being switched on to finally show the blue light. (Apparently, the Telkom towers don't work on public holidays, although the WebAfrica couriers do.)

Light is blue, wifi signal is on, and reception is at three bars.

BUT l connect to the network using the Wifi key printed on the sticker! I keep on getting an 'incorrect password' message.

l struggled for hours this morning to get through to WebAfrica support. They told me to reset the router. I did that. It still doesn't work.

How can I solve this?
case sensitive. ? you checked...

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Meh... Is that on Band 40? How is the speeds? Anything lower than -100dB RSRP would be okay the SINR is not ideal so upload will probably be slower than normal. IF signal drops more then jitter might increase. Antenna would help a lot if possible.
Its on 4g only and auto bandz.

yes upload it terrible.. usually 1mb a sec download sometimes i get 10mb. but usually 5-7ish

ProAsm

Expert Member
LOL, since roaming kicked in here on the 12th July, I now permanently sit on 2100 Mhz as Telkom's 2300 has gone to the dogs and their 1800 is not much better.

cavedog

Honorary Master
LOL, since roaming kicked in here on the 12th July, I now permanently sit on 2100 Mhz as Telkom's 2300 has gone to the dogs and their 1800 is not much better.
That must feel like the slow lane. That band has only 5MHz bandwidth. Half of Band 3 and a 1/4 of band 40 and 1/8th of the spectrum compared to Band 40 aggregated.