The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

cavedog

Honorary Master
I see Afrihost are suppling their clients the B311 which is obsolete as far as I know.
I'm sure that's the fore runnner to the B315-22 with no 2300 mhz ?
cavedog, any thoughts ?
I got the B525 from them. They probably sold out the B525 and had to get anything and went for the B311. I won't touch that thing even with 1c..... I also see they have the simcard only deals now. Also slight price increase from when they launched with the R525. :unsure:

So I ordered a sim only deal from web Africa, and they delivered it with a B525 router. I am so confused as to whether I will be paying for this or not. On top of that, it still says that service is pending on the website, but my sim has been activated already. And I didn't get any invoice for this month, so I'm just assuming the first month is free? I just don't want to be paying extra at the end of the month

Goosfrabba

Does anyone have a contact in WebAfrica who I can kick square in the balls?

I've moved from Cell C to Telkom with them and the process has been nothing short of appalling. From the end of August until I have had to chase after them to get any sort of assistance. Eventually managed to get the Telkom router from them and needed to then return the Cell C router to them. It's packed, it's ready to go. I eventually got an email response from them that a courier guy would be in touch to arrange for collection....and nothing (no surprise).
I have now been invoiced R1999 for their POS second router and are trying to debit my card. I am ready to go nuclear on them.
If anyone is thinking about going to WebAfrica...AVOID!!!!!!!

@WebAfrica Helper - if you're still alive, better get this sorted. I'm angry and I'm spreading the word like a vigilant Jehovah's Witness

Yugster

I am absolutely dismayed by Webafrica. Did you know that you are unable to downgrade your Telkom LTE internet package without having to cancel your current package and order a completely new sim card? This means another R249 delivery fee (3-5 days delivery time) plus waiting up to 48hours for sim activation. Here's the catch...YOU CAN SEAMLESSLY UPGRADE to a higher package without needing a new sim card. I honestly miss my adsl days with AFrihost for crying out loud!

tanzro

I've used the service for 3 weeks and here is my feedback (I'm not a techy so can't comment on the higher grade thingies).
- Took about 4 days to activate the service after receiving the router
- Started using the line on 11 October and experienced much joy when my Chromecast device actually picked up something other than Showmax! +10 points here
- Spent the week of 13 Oct with 2 teens and had a steady stream of Netflix, Youtube, Showmax and another streaming site running. I work from home most days so if I had to guess I'd say the router worked about 19 hours out of the day, constantly streaming...need the background noise and SABC just doesn't cut it.
- Blew through the 1st point of the Cap (the 10mbps speed) on 22 Oct at 13:45...downgraded to 4mbps
- As expected, there was some significant latency, had to kick off devices, disconnect Chromecast while working just so I could connect to my company VPN, nothing out of the ordinary, albeit annoying as f... -5 points
- 28 Oct I was told I have once again passed point 2 and have been throttled to 2mbps
- Speeds were always as advertised, never got more than 10mbps and I'm currently on 2mbps

So what I have established is that I have a high data consumption and without ADSL or Fibre I'm doomed to be screwed because there is no affordable package offering +/-350 - 500GB of capped data. My Huawei app tells me I've used about 213GB so far for the month.

My low expectations have been met so I'm somewhat satisfied, for now. I'll hang onto the Webafrica service but I'll again start shopping around.

I must say the customer service has been fairly good when I've requested support. The Whatsapp bot is particularly handy.

ProAsm

Expert Member
@WebAfrica Helper I often get this SMS on my B525 router from Telkom, what gives ?

Dear customer! We are glad you are enjoying our services, but you are nearing your credit limit. To ensure uninterrupted service, please call us on 081 180.

EsEs

I had to move from 20mb adsl to LTE, I am a week without internet now and Telkom was not able to tell me if they will fix it.

So I just got my router and sim today, I ordered on Friday (8/11/19), it was delivered at 9:00 today (12/11/19)

it got activated just now (15:00) 6 hours after delivery, I did run a speed test and looks great so far

Ping: 28
76.91 Mbps DL
7.30 Mbps UL

this is unfortunately tested at my work (Robertville, JHB) will test when I get home today in the West Rand.

I took the 220+220 package and got 142+142 pro rata.

Last edited:

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I had to move from 20mb adsl to LTE, I am a week without internet now and Telkom was not able to tell me if they will fix it.

So I just got my router and sim today, I ordered on Friday (8/11/19), it was delivered at 9:00 today (12/11/19)

it got activated just now (15:00) 6 hours after delivery, I did run a speed test and looks great so far

Ping: 28
76.91 Mbps DL
7.30 Mbps UL

this is unfortunately tested at my work (Robertville, JHB) will test when I get home today in the West Rand.

I took the 220+220 package and got 142+142 pro rata.

View attachment 740219
What are you paying if you dont mind me asking?