The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

lilggg

Expert Member
I just put in the LTE SIM they delivered 2 months ago...no service, red light on the router. Using the B315 that came with their cell c deal.

I've tried forcing 4g and doing a manual network search which fails to join the network. No ussd codes work...is the SIM not activated?

Last edited:

ProAsm

Expert Member
I just put in the LTE SIM they delivered 2 months ago...no service, red light on the router. Using the B315.

I've tried forcing 4g and doing a manual network search which fails to join the network. No ussd codes work...is the SIM not activated?
USSD only works on 3G

dojacat

Web Africa's service is so poor that you expect nothing but slow service from them.

Roxstar

I receive my new Sim in October since then, I see I have been charged R699 instead of the R530 I agreed too. I didn't request a new Sim or more internet and I definitely didn't approve my card To be charged more.

The packages shown in the picture above aren't available to me.

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
So Thursday evening after loading, our internet wasn't working. It would connect to the Telkon tower but said no internet access. I left it at that and assumed it would return eventually. Following day the issue continued and I logged a ticket with WebAfrica. They got back to me with steps reset router, try sim in another device etc. etc. As I am back at work, could only test when I got home.
About 2 hours of testing, resetting routers, swopping sims, it appeared that the sim was faulty. This sucked as we were with out internet for the weekend. Speedtests wouldn't connect to the server.
Now today, out the blue, the sim is suddenly working. Clearly their was a Telkom issue that could have been resolved. But WebAfrica couldn't be bothered to look further than the copy/paste solution they provided.
How much information does WebAfrica have on the Telkom network? Since they are my ISP I would expect that they would have some information pertaining to technical issues and downtime.
It's now midday and I am still waiting for them to respond to my ticket. The service from WebAfrica is terrible.