The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is this something else as the website shows a 70+50 option which is what I'm interested in.
Does WebAfrica have any control on the signal, like throttling or banning p2p etc ?
I doubt. Looks like a direct Telkom product being sold by Webafrica.

Telkom did say they want to get rid of ADSL so I think we will see more ISPs starting to push LTE.

TheSuperSonic

how good is the ping on this kind of package! is it good enough for hosting home Game server LAG free

Last edited:

SpleenPoker

Does anyone know how long for the service to activate? It still says pending. I received my router on Friday and just plugged it in last night. I suppose I'm waiting on Telkom to activate the SIM? Do I need to leave the sim card in there the whole time or can I take it out and use another in the mean time?

marioat1

Expert Member
Does anyone know how long for the service to activate? It still says pending. I received my router on Friday and just plugged it in last night. I suppose I'm waiting on Telkom to activate the SIM? Do I need to leave the sim card in there the whole time or can I take it out and use another in the mean time?
You're meant to insert sim within 24 hours of receiving. The system will activate automatically. There's some 48 hours clause on it you don't do it, the package gets canceled, according to the sms notification.

TheSuperSonic

let us know when its active tell me your signal in the device information tab

SpleenPoker

You're meant to insert sim within 24 hours of receiving. The system will activate automatically. There's some 48 hours clause on it you don't do it, the package gets canceled, according to the sms notification.
Ag, well I wish they would have warned me in advance that I had to insert it immediately or within 24 hours of receiving it. I will wait till Monday and get in touch with them if it's still inactive.

let us know when its active tell me your signal in the device information tab
Will keep you posted.

///MoH

Support is definitely not on point. Still waiting for Rica ticket to be processed as the site failed to upload my doc's successfully twice.

lowriderza

Expert Member
I've only just received mine. Like most on here so far I had issues during sign-up. Rica docs uploaded when I changed all of it to Pdf's. Then it just says pending and only when you click through does it say Rica verification will take 3 days, I would do things rather like Rain and have the courier take photos when delivering the sim. Then of course the activation issue. Nowhere do I recall reading one has to wait until the courier tells Webafrica they delivered for it to be activated.

So to use Webafrica's parlance: The flow is not lekker Bru

As for the LTE service, I'll start the serious testing in a day or so when my Neotel Contract finally expires. But initial testing showed it to be the standard Telkom LTE vibe, which is ok if you find the right "spot".

lowriderza

Expert Member
Support is definitely not on point. Still waiting for Rica ticket to be processed as the site failed to upload my doc's successfully twice.
I had issues until I used PDF versions of everything. Don't know if that's the case here though.

///MoH

Just log a support ticket and the consultant will sort you out telephonically. System rejected my Rica docs I'd uploaded, but support over rode system to continue.
Logged a support ticket, was asked to attach my documents via mail which i have done... Waiting for a response since Tuesday evening.

@lowriderza - both docs are in pdf format.

nmccullo

Can I migrate to this if I have an existing month-to-month Telkom LTE product?

///MoH

Being proactive might help you
Yes it will, but why should i when Webafrica has a support ticket process in place. Its also good visibility so that others can see how long they take.

Update: All sorted. Thanks Web Africa support person whoever you are :)

Last edited: