The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

Zuner

Expert Member
Is this something else as the website shows a 70+50 option which is what I'm interested in.
As far I a understood, those options are for TOP Ups, the 70/50 is the base package.

ProAsm

Expert Member
Well my son received his B525 with the package from WebAfrica, 2 weeks after ordering and paying the R209.
Last night we did a comparison between the B525 with WA sim and his old B315 with the Telkom sim, both APN's unrestricted.
The initial LTE-A setting on the B525 was worse than the B315 on 1800 or 2300 Mhz.
We tried several settings using the Band_Tool_v0.1 and in every case the B315 was on par with the B525.

Zuner

Expert Member
Question, the coverage map shows my parents place doesn't have 4g, however a prepaid sim gets good signal with decent speed test.
Does that mean the fixed lte will work or does it require certain towers?

katastrofie

Does anyone happen to know if the B525 router supplied by Webafrica supports Bridge mode?

I would like to use it only as a modem and have my own router connected via LAN/WAN to manage the network.

marioat1

Expert Member
Does anyone happen to know if the B525 router supplied by Webafrica supports Bridge mode?

I would like to use it only as a modem and have my own router connected via LAN/WAN to manage the network.
Not near mine to check at present, will let you know later.

opelboy

My router and SIM arrived on Monday, 48 hours have just passed and I'm still waiting for activation. Contacted support and their reply : "Please note activation takes 48 hours" :confused: It's been switched on the whole time so I've only got a red light to stare at. With 2-3 days RICA, 2-3 day's delivery, and the 48 hour activation it's not the best product to get online fast. Hopefully once activated all will be good...

cr@zydude

Executive Member
My router and SIM arrived on Monday, 48 hours have just passed and I'm still waiting for activation. Contacted support and their reply : "Please note activation takes 48 hours" :confused: It's been switched on the whole time so I've only got a red light to stare at. With 2-3 days RICA, 2-3 day's delivery, and the 48 hour activation it's not the best product to get online fast. Hopefully once activated all will be good...
Looks like my "wait and see" approach was the right one.

Telkom and Rain activated sim cards by the time I got home from the store/work.

marioat1

Expert Member

Sorry for the delay. No bridge mode on B525 with firmware .306 as supplied by webAfrica. There is a firmware version available which does enable bridge mode apparently.

SiR_BP

Applied yesterday for one of these deals, lets see how things go with the RICA, delivery and activation.

SiR_BP

Keep us updated. Interested to know what the lead times are.
Had an issue last night with the loading of the RICA docs, eventually it went through but on the ID uploaded, logged a support ticket and they advised now that the docs did not upload and must it again but the site shows it was uploaded.

So just forwarded the required docs to the RICA support email address.

Wong

How long is the usual activation time ? I have been waiting one week and still nothing ? I have called webafrica everyday after the 48 Hour activation period and its the same story, today I get through to activation and then get put back in the que , how pleasant.

Posted on the other thread as well my mistake.

Last edited:

SiR_BP

So after a few issues with the RICA docs, called into the call center yesterday and one of the agents managed to assist with loading the docs into the system and approving it. Now we wait on the confirmation from the courier for the delivery of SIM and router.

ProAsm

Expert Member
So after a few issues with the RICA docs, called into the call center yesterday and one of the agents managed to assist with loading the docs into the system and approving it. Now we wait on the confirmation from the courier for the delivery of SIM and router.
Likewise, ordered mine yesterday.

katastrofie

Is the Webafrica Telkom LTE product affected by the current Vodacom roaming issue?

SiR_BP

Delivery update: There was an issue with the delivery yesterday, so it was rescheduled for today.

Will keep you guys posted once I get the router on how the activation goes.

katastrofie

Delivery update: There was an issue with the delivery yesterday, so it was rescheduled for today.

Will keep you guys posted once I get the router on how the activation goes.
So looks like it takes a week from order until delivery.