The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

ProAsm

Expert Member
Ordered mine on Monday, received it today. (Hilton, Kzn)

katastrofie

Does WebAfrica require debit orders or do they offer alternatives, e.g. EFTs or online payments with a credit card?

marioat1

Expert Member
Does WebAfrica require debit orders or do they offer alternatives, e.g. EFTs or online payments with a credit card?
Have mine going off with the debit order instruction from credit card, haven't tried changing it yet, 2 months in with them now

ProAsm

Expert Member
Have mine going off with the debit order instruction from credit card, haven't tried changing it yet, 2 months in with them now
Likewise here.
I checked with them and they said all LTE and wireless products are debit order instruction from credit or debit cards only.

katastrofie

Likewise here.
I checked with them and they said all LTE and wireless products are debit order instruction from credit or debit cards only.
Hmm that sucks. I hate having to allow companies to run debit orders off my accounts.

SiR_BP

So looks like it takes a week from order until delivery.
Correct. I could've probably have gotten it a day or 2 sooner if I didn't have the RICA issue.

Plugged the router in yesterday so still waiting for the service to be activated.

ProAsm

Expert Member
Plugged the router in yesterday so still waiting for the service to be activated.
Me too, emailed their support a while ago.
Problem is I only have about 200 MB left on my old Telkom package :(

SiR_BP

Me too, emailed their support a while ago.
Problem is I only have about 200 MB left on my old Telkom package :(
It does say 24 hours, so hopefully by this evening it will be activated.

We still have our ADSL active for this month so at least won't be stranded without any internet.

ProAsm

Expert Member
It does say 24 hours, so hopefully by this evening it will be activated.

We still have our ADSL active for this month so at least won't be stranded without any internet.
Thank you for your e-mail
Please be advised that the activation takes 48 hours. I have escalated it from my side
Thank you for your patience.
Kind Regards,
The Webafrica Support Team

Then immediately afterwards I get this :)

Hi
Did we hit the spot?
How likely you are to recommend Webafrica to a friend, with 10 being "Sign up now!" and 1 being "Oh, no you didn't"?
Thanks
The Webafrica Team

SiR_BP

Yeah I also raised a support ticket and was told it’s 48 hours. Made them aware that the site says 24 hours so they might want to change that.

Will see if it gets activated today

ProAsm

Expert Member
46 hours and counting.
I put my old Telkom sim into the router and works like a bomb so there is nothing wrong with the router.
Also they are out of date as only the B315 uses a full sim card, the rest like the B525 uses a micro sim.

In their email:

Please use the SIM as a standard-sized SIM card.
Do not pop it out into a micro SIM as this will make it impossible to remove it from the router again.

SiR_BP

46 hours and counting.
I put my old Telkom sim into the router and works like a bomb so there is nothing wrong with the router.
Also they are out of date as only the B315 uses a full sim card, the rest like the B525 uses a micro sim.

In their email:

Please use the SIM as a standard-sized SIM card.
Do not pop it out into a micro SIM as this will make it impossible to remove it from the router again.
Same here, updated my ticket on the portal as well

SiR_BP

Gosh, they are quick to promote the product and get customers to sign up but now they are nowhere to be found when you assistance

dotcat

I see the crippled 150GB 10Mbps uncapped option has now been added.