The Official Webafrica Telkom LTE Feedback Thread

cavedog

Honorary Master
Webafrica now sells the uncapped from Telkom for R899. Exact same product but no contracts. Now this might actually be a better option if you want to test the product without being locked down

ProAsm

Expert Member
If they ever activate your sim.
Well at least I got a B525 for R209 :)

SiR_BP

If they ever activate your sim.
Well at least I got a B525 for R209 :)

It’s actually ridiculous now, my call was “escalated” to the brand manger and then closed . Still have zero idea when we’ll be up and running.

SiR_BP

So apparently WA is experiencing delays with the activations of the LTE products due to a backlog.

Super_Sonic

How is the performance of This Telkom Fixed LTE ? are people getting RSRP -75 RSRQ -10 RSSI -51 SINR 30 ??

SiR_BP

So we finally received an email with "Your Fixed LTE service will be active soon".

My only problem is the below part of the mail.

"Please insert your SIM into the router within 48 hours, or the network will deactivate your SIM.

A blue "Mode" light on your router will indicate that your SIM is active - this could take up to 2 working days after inserting your SIM.

Your first month's data allocation is pro-rata, based on when your router was delivered."

It has taken WA almost a week since it was delivered for them to update their system, so now will we be getting billed from last week but couldnt use the service?

ProAsm

Expert Member
So we finally received an email with "Your Fixed LTE service will be active soon".

My only problem is the below part of the mail.

"Please insert your SIM into the router within 48 hours, or the network will deactivate your SIM.

A blue "Mode" light on your router will indicate that your SIM is active - this could take up to 2 working days after inserting your SIM.

Your first month's data allocation is pro-rata, based on when your router was delivered."

It has taken WA almost a week since it was delivered for them to update their system, so now will we be getting billed from last week but couldnt use the service?
Yes I got the same letter this morning together with an invoice starting today 10/07/2019
I checked with my bank, and the money has not been taken yet, so probably till that happens, it won't activate.

wai.jpg

SpleenPoker

I am having a terrible time with webafrica support. It's awful. I put up a ticket last week and still haven't heard ANYTHING from them.

I upgarded my Telkom package last month from 40GB+20GB to 70GB+50GB yet the data for this month is still the same as the old package.

kabusi

Expert Member
@WebAfrica Helper, since it is month to month, can you pause your subscription for a few months if you are not going to use it? I highly doubt it due to the router being loaned out but this would be a great feature of the deal if you could.

technofool

Internal Antenna: https://speedtest.co.za/result/366933

External Antenna: https://speedtest.co.za/result/367007

Cannot get 4G+ only 4G but will experiment.

Did you get external antennas with your B525? They almost doubled your download speed just from 15dBm increase in RSRP.

I'm still learning
RSSI – Received Signal Strength Indicator
RSRP – Reference Signal Received Power
RSRQ – Reference Signal Received Quality
SINR - Signal-to-noise and Interference Ratio

SiR_BP

Yeah wanted to ask about the antennas as well coz we never got any with the router.