The Official Xiaomi Thread

FlashSA

Executive Member
Xiaomi is a slow bunch here in SA only 4 months late. Then say they are launching the product, but sorry wait another 2 Weeks only end of July sorry ne'.
Will get better now - Xiaomi SA are bringing them in themselves now and supplying the online retailers and Vodacom. Previously MIA were acting as agents on behalf of Xiaomi

Burrrrrton

Will get better now - Xiaomi SA are bringing them in themselves now and supplying the online retailers and Vodacom. Previously MIA were acting as agents on behalf of Xiaomi
Hopefully the situation will become clearer. I like Xiaomi devices, they are budgetary and at the same time quite reliable.

FiestaST

Honorary Master

Xiaomi is now the world's second biggest smartphone maker, neck and neck with Samsung

All of the other Chinese smartphone brands have benefited from Huawei's international demise (except Honor), but none more than Xiaomi, and today's news comes to confirm this fact yet again.

According to Canalys, in the second quarter of 2021, Xiaomi was the second biggest smartphone maker globally in terms of sales.

As you can see, Samsung is still No.1 with 19% market share, although Xiaomi is really breathing down its neck at this point with its 17% cut.

Xiaomi's shipments increased more than 300% in Latin America, 150% in Africa, and 50% in Western Europe. That said, its average sales price per unit is still 40% less than that of Samsung and 75% less when compared to Apple, although the company has recently launched more premium (read: more expensive) devices and is clearly hoping to drive that number up in the future.

4AEBE2BE-DEDE-4466-A789-AA48A570EA70.jpeg

jnvdh06

5F6B9A0C-FF8F-4E30-80B2-0CED3F19E48B.jpeg
Anyone gonna do the pre-order? I see you get a MiBand 5 and Earbuds included.

Tempted to get this and sell my Oneplus 7T Pro.
I know its gonna be a performance drop but I reckon the Xiaomi is better in the other areas.

Stuey74

I would never buy a phone from a service provider that was made as dualsim and then crippled to single sim.
Exactly this. I buy the Xiaomi phones not only for the value, but also the dual sim capability

Sumen

Expert Member
I would never buy a phone from a service provider that was made as dualsim and then crippled to single sim.
The OnePlus 7t Pro we got from Vodacom has dual sim capability so the Xiaomi should also have dual sim capability.

rodga

Honorary Master
The OnePlus 7t Pro we got from Vodacom has dual sim capability so the Xiaomi should also have dual sim capability.
Interesting. If that's the case then I don't see a problem. Previously all the Huaweisfrom mtn and vc were single sim. A software flash would solve it though.

Steady

View attachment 1108630
Anyone gonna do the pre-order? I see you get a MiBand 5 and Earbuds included.

Tempted to get this and sell my Oneplus 7T Pro.
I know its gonna be a performance drop but I reckon the Xiaomi is better in the other areas.
I will never sign into a phone contract. pre-paid is so much cheaper and flexible. This will not work for me and for most the eventual amount they will pay due for the inflated calls/data over the duration of the contract will exceed what you can save now. A phone contract is a high penalty tax for people that cannot count or dont have the cash to buy a phone outright.

Quintrix

Pre-paid is so much cheaper. For most the eventual amount they will pay due for the inflated calls/data over the duration of the contract will exceed what you can save now. A phone contract is a high penalty tax for people that cannot count or dont have the cash to buy a phone outright.

A quick calculation based on the cash price plus bonus items as well as airtime and data seems to prove you wrong on this. You can do your out of contract calls(if required) on a different /cheap sim.

jnvdh06

yeah I sent them a message on twitter to confirm
Vodacom replied and said they don't support dual sim devices.
It is conflicting info because like mentioned before the Oneplus was dual sim and previous Xiaomi phones also were dualsim but the 2nd sim was locked via software.

jnvdh06

I will never sign into a phone contract. pre-paid is so much cheaper and flexible. This will not work for me and for most the eventual amount they will pay due for the inflated calls/data over the duration of the contract will exceed what you can save now. A phone contract is a high penalty tax for people that cannot count or dont have the cash to buy a phone outright.
In most cases contracts actually turn out cheaper as the devices are subsidised. But then obviously you are tied down with payment for 24 to 36 months

Hellscream

Vodacom replied and said they don't support dual sim devices.
It is conflicting info because like mentioned before the Oneplus was dual sim and previous Xiaomi phones also were dualsim but the 2nd sim was locked via software.
I would suspect it Single Sim one from Vodacom... here is the hint.
1626442467839.png