The Official Xiaomi Thread

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Got this update today for Redmi Note 9 Pro
49fc97923c862185f1df787ad3ee4667.jpg
Wow, you sure are using a lot of storage there.

Screenshot_2021-07-30-21-08-53-754_com.android.settings.jpg

teejay 44

Screen protector on my 9C is tough. Phone has fallen many times. Problem is it tends to delaminate where it chips on the edges. So you get areas on the phone that are not bonded anymore with the protector.

Otherwise all good :thumbsup::cool:.

Zertop

Expert Member
Hi All

Hoping someone is able to assist. The estimates currently provided by the Aliexpress Xiaomi Store are in the range of 32-45 days from China to SA via DHL. Does anyone know if this is just a bad estimation, or if the parcel is handed off to the PostOffice or anything? Surely a direct factory-to-door DHL delivery shouldn't take longer than about 6 days?

1627885659229.png

Groggyme

Hi All

Hoping someone is able to assist. The estimates currently provided by the Aliexpress Xiaomi Store are in the range of 32-45 days from China to SA via DHL. Does anyone know if this is just a bad estimation, or if the parcel is handed off to the PostOffice or anything? Surely a direct factory-to-door DHL delivery shouldn't take longer than about 6 days?

View attachment 1118644
That does look a bit long. I know this is a different company but Hong Kong to my door took 30 days via Aramex. Some others on this forum have had great turn around times from what I have seen though.

EDIT: Also dont forget that these things have to go through customs and that is a crap shoot in terms of delivery time. Could take a day or take two weeks for some. I think 6 days is a bit too optimistic. Two weeks is more in line with what I have seen.

Zertop

Expert Member
That does look a bit long. I know this is a different company but Hong Kong to my door took 30 days via Aramex. Some others on this forum have had great turn around times from what I have seen though.

EDIT: Also dont forget that these things have to go through customs and that is a crap shoot in terms of delivery time. Could take a day or take two weeks for some. I think 6 days is a bit too optimistic. Two weeks is more in line with what I have seen.

Thanks! Yip, have ordered with Aramex a few times. Always been here within 14 days. I know the timelines for DHL are usually a little quicker - hence the confusion when seeing the above estimation. But the factors you mentioned definitely make sense. Have ordered and will let you all know how it goes.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Xiaomi moves up on Fortune's Global 500 list (#338), Apple is near the top (#6)

Fortune magazine published its Global 500 ranking for last year and noted that 135 companies on the list hail from mainland China – this is more than any other country. Among those companies is Xiaomi, which made the list for the third consecutive year.

The company celebrated its 338th position – this is 84 places higher than it was a year ago. According to a report by Canalys, Xiaomi surpassed Apple to become the second largest smartphone maker in the second quarter of this year in terms of sales. Samsung is still ahead in first place, but the margin is shrinking.

Of course, Xiaomi is involved in just about every gadget category, from smart bands to smart TVs, from electric scooters to electric kettles. Fortune’s ranking is for the company overall, not just its mobile business. Having a closer look at Xiaomi’s score card, the company saw profits double and a 19.6% increase in revenue.

Snip.png

teejay 44

Xiaomi FTW!!!

They make less profit per smartphone compared to other companies and their stuff is rock solid :love: .

AnimateX

Hey guys. My current phone (which is still chugging) is a Xiaomi Redmi 2 and I'm looking to replace it, but so far the Xiaomi phones I'm finding in my budget range have that hole in the screen, aka notch and I'm not a fan. Are there any good options? Budget between R2000-R3000.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hey guys. My current phone (which is still chugging) is a Xiaomi Redmi 2 and I'm looking to replace it, but so far the Xiaomi phones I'm finding in my budget range have that hole in the screen, aka notch and I'm not a fan. Are there any good options? Budget between R2000-R3000.
Most new phones will have a notch.

teejay 44

I'm playing Big Farm Mobile Harvest on my 9C and the notch is not a problem.

Game runs really well even though it's a 9C 2GB version of the phone.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I guess, I mean I can just treat the screen as a if it had a smaller aspect ratio, but something just bugs me about it, uniformity-wise.
You can tell the device to cut off before the camera.

AnimateX

Xiaomi FTW!!!

They make less profit per smartphone compared to other companies and their stuff is rock solid :love: .
Absolutely. Bought my first Xiaomi device 5 years ago and with the price I thought it would be the usual Chinese cheap crap but they do seem to want to deliver a good product. I know it's anecdotal but from chargers to phones to battery banks all my devices are still going after many years.