The Official Xiaomi Thread

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Plus their sales people on the floor get commission only.... well it used to be like that last time I visited.
Incredible Corruption salespeople have less knowledge than @The_Traveller :laugh:

Every time I'm there:

1411654011-new-job-cosmopolitan-3.gif

Baxteen

Honorary Master
bought myself and the wife the Note 10 Pro though Vodacom on Tuesday.

we are with MTN.

sim cards work 100% as they should when we put them in the mate 20 Pro and we run a speed test we get 130meg down.

put the sim cards in the Xiaomi and suddenly its like the internet doe not exist on mobile data.
change proffered network to 3g only and we get a connection, but 4meg down.
after a long call to MTN technical we got new APN details. now 4g works, but its still only 8 meg down.
this is different APN settings to what the mate 20 is using though.

I have tried everything I can find on google for this. short of installing different firmware (still in 7 day so dont want to have that be a reason they say its not an out of the box failure if this is the case)

I am out of ideas. anyone have any similar issues?

Dee96

Expert Member
bought myself and the wife the Note 10 Pro though Vodacom on Tuesday.

we are with MTN.

sim cards work 100% as they should when we put them in the mate 20 Pro and we run a speed test we get 130meg down.

put the sim cards in the Xiaomi and suddenly its like the internet doe not exist on mobile data.
change proffered network to 3g only and we get a connection, but 4meg down.
after a long call to MTN technical we got new APN details. now 4g works, but its still only 8 meg down.
this is different APN settings to what the mate 20 is using though.

I have tried everything I can find on google for this. short of installing different firmware (still in 7 day so dont want to have that be a reason they say its not an out of the box failure if this is the case)

I am out of ideas. anyone have any similar issues?
What's the new APN that gives you 8meg down

Baxteen

Honorary Master
its a weird one given to me by mtn support. different to the apn settings I found online when looking:

• Name: MTN internet.
  • APN: Internet.
  • Proxy: Not set.
  • Port: Not set.
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server: Not set.
  • MMSC: Not set.
  • APN type: default

all the ones I found online (that worked with the 3g connection btw) had guest as a username not a blank.

also they had to do a sim reboot on their end to make that apn work, took about 20 mins and after giving my wife that apn settings it did not work for her until we called 135 and had them reboot her sim as well.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
MIUI 12.5 is really good, I can actually feel the performance jump on my Note 10
I got my Redmi Note 9T with 12 out of the box and I am not seeing any differences in the recent updates to be fair. But it's only been two weeks since coming off a Mi A2 Lite so I guess to early to tell.

Bri10

I got my Redmi Note 9T with 12 out of the box and I am not seeing any differences in the recent updates to be fair. But it's only been two weeks since coming off a Mi A2 Lite so I guess to early to tell.
Granted I'm running running a EU ROM, the performance is noticeably faster in my experience and all the little links have been smoothed out as well

Suspect99

Executive Member
So my mi 9T pro upgraded to android 11, Miui 12.5.1.
The problem is that I have a TP-link deco M5 mech system at home and I no longer get seamless handover when I move to different parts of the house.
I need to disconnect and recconect to wifi when I move to different parts of the house to connect to the closest mesh node. (the phone seems to stay connected to the first node)
Handover was working perfectly on android 10 , and it still works for the other android 10 phones in the house.

Looking on the net various onePlus users also experienced the same problems, with different mesh units after upgrading to android 11.
Has any else experienced this or found a solution?
Solved this by disabling Google location accuracy. A tip from Reddit. The phone properly connects to the correct node now. Pretty weird

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Solved this by disabling Google location accuracy. A tip from Reddit. The phone properly connects to the correct node now. Pretty weird
Interesting. I would not be able to do that as my family uses Google Location Sharing. I also tend to turn off wi-fi when I leave home and rely on the phone turning it on again when I get back home.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Can anyone confirm yet whether Dual Sim works on the Vodacom versions? Redmi note 10 Pro...
Cant confirm, but the woman in the shop said it , and my wife's Samsung S21something from Vodacom has working dual SIM.

pedruid

Expert Member
Lost ringtone on my Redmi 8. I got this phone from takealot December 2019 and have been very pleased with it. However, a few days ago I noticed that incoming calls only notified me by vibrating and flashing light. Have checked all usual culprits e.g silent mode, airplane etc but no success. I’ve tried selecting a new tone but when I apply it it tells me that the ringer is silenced.
Don’t want to do a factory reset unless that’s my last resort.
Anyone experienced something similar?

howardb

Expert Member
Lost ringtone on my Redmi 8. I got this phone from takealot December 2019 and have been very pleased with it. However, a few days ago I noticed that incoming calls only notified me by vibrating and flashing light. Have checked all usual culprits e.g silent mode, airplane etc but no success. I’ve tried selecting a new tone but when I apply it it tells me that the ringer is silenced.
Don’t want to do a factory reset unless that’s my last resort.
Anyone experienced something similar?
Do you have any 3rd party dialler such as TrueCaller installed at all. My ringer also wouldn't work a few weeks ago in my Note 8, and found there was a problem with TrueCaller itself; a reinstall and it was back to normal.
Also check if there is any pending OS updates, or recent updates that maybe caused the issue.
Edit: also check the DND scheduling for issues.

pedruid

Expert Member
Do you have any 3rd party dialler such as TrueCaller installed at all. My ringer also wouldn't work a few weeks ago in my Note 8, and found there was a problem with TrueCaller itself; a reinstall and it was back to normal.
Also check if there is any pending OS updates, or recent updates that maybe caused the issue.
Edit: also check the DND scheduling for issues.
Have uninstalled True caller but still cant get ringtone. says Diasbled.