The Official Xiaomi Thread

ands45

Speaking of the Redmi Note 10 Pro, does anyone know if the stupid 10 second limitation on the always on display is going to be removed? This is an awesome device for the price but not having an always on display makes it a no go. I know you can disable miui optimisations (if that is even still possible) but that isnt really a fix if it causes other issues.

eddybsb4u

Speaking of the Redmi Note 10 Pro, does anyone know if the stupid 10 second limitation on the always on display is going to be removed? This is an awesome device for the price but not having an always on display makes it a no go. I know you can disable miui optimisations (if that is even still possible) but that isnt really a fix if it causes other issues.
I just checked mine now, after unlocking the cellphone the screen is on for 20 seconds, yeah, I had a stop watch.

I haven't really checked if you can increase this time but I never really thought of it because for me that's a very long time.

ands45

I just checked mine now, after unlocking the cellphone the screen is on for 20 seconds, yeah, I had a stop watch.

I haven't really checked if you can increase this time but I never really thought of it because for me that's a very long time.
I'm referring to the always on display, which the point of it is that it stays on all the time so you can check notifications etc without waking the screen. To call it an always on display and limit it to 10 seconds doesn't make sense

eddybsb4u

I'm referring to the always on display, which the point of it is that it stays on all the time so you can check notifications etc without waking the screen. To call it an always on display and limit it to 10 seconds doesn't make sense
Oooh, I see what you mean, I haven't checked that feature

Conack

Expert Member
Agree with you there that a device with Always on Display support should have it "always on" by default.

Apparently it's to conserve battery-life / prevent burn-in. By enabling the sensors to wake on lift or such you can see what's going on.

That said, if you run a custom rom on the device then you can enable proper AoD which stays on. You also get options to keep shifting the pixels / use smart pixels, that reduces the pixels in use by X percentage.

ands45

Agree with you there that a device with Always on Display support should have it "always on" by default.

Apparently it's to conserve battery-life / prevent burn-in. By enabling the sensors to wake on lift or such you can see what's going on.

That said, if you run a custom rom on the device then you can enable proper AoD which stays on. You also get options to keep shifting the pixels / use smart pixels, that reduces the pixels in use by X percentage.
get that they want to conserve battery but that should be for me to decide, I shouldnt have to run a custom rom. Also seems to only be mid/lower end devices, as I have the Poco F2 Pro and have the option to schedule or have on all the time. If I have to pick up the device to see it I might as well just double tap to wake.

ands45

Maybe a more recent thing, just odd. If it is about battery etc then throw a warning when the setting is changed and move on, easy. These seem a little like Apple tactics haha, deciding for you what you can and can't do with the device

eddybsb4u

Anyone ever tried the Xiaomi device for the FNB Tap to Pay succesfully straight from the phone without having to login to the FNB app?

Leisure Larry

Anyone ever tried the Xiaomi device for the FNB Tap to Pay succesfully straight from the phone without having to login to the FNB app?

Haven't received my POCO F3 just yet, but shouldn't this just work without having to log in to the FNB app.
In NFC settings, set the default app to FNB.
That's how it works on my Wah Wey

Dill

Anyone looking for Redmi Note 4X spares?

I have:
  • The frame with antenna cable
  • Rear cover (silver)
  • Fingerprint sensor (also silver)
  • Front and back camera module
  • bottom PCB with speaker and vibration motor
  • top speaker
  • SIM tray
  • top and bottom antennae
  • Black rubber case with a pop-up stand thing

If anyone needs spares. Otherwise they are going in the recycling bin.

Sadly, the battery is long gone, and it bulged and cracked the LCD display, and I will be destroying the mainboard as there are sensitive documents still on the eMMC.

Would rather someone use it than it end up on a landfill.
Interested in some stuff, will pm you