The Official Xiaomi Thread

Conack

Expert Member
So from paying to getting delivered was less than 24 hours from MIA Africa. Impressions so far excellent. Fast and responsive.

Any tips what to install, uninstall?

Everything.

As in, apply to unlock the phone:

Then head over to XDA after 2 weeks and load a clean rom - eg.
Redmi Note 10 Pro:

If you got this phone I'm happy to send you detailed instructions.

DWPTA

Expert Member
Everything.

As in, apply to unlock the phone:

Then head over to XDA after 2 weeks and load a clean rom - eg.
Redmi Note 10 Pro:

If you got this phone I'm happy to send you detailed instructions.
Go into each of the stock Xiaomi apps and turn off the ads under Settings.

The launcher is also love/hate. I myself love the Poco launcher instead of the default MIUI one. Might be worth a look if you don't like the iOS-style launcher.
Kewl thanks

ejtango

Do you mind sending me a link to the solution that helped.
I will be sending the ones that I tried
I also em XDA from one of the forums They said it was not possible because I did not backup my data
Could I check if you have a backup on Cloud?
Do you have your acct nr?
I also tried: https://account.xiaomi.com to login and manually reset my pw - this did not work for me
Or creating a new account
Taking out the sim card and replacing it worked, but logically I cant explain why Sorry It is just something I tried
I hope this helps

ejtango

I include this as well: It did not work for me Maybe its good for you!
How update ROM manually

I would like to inform you that kindly follow the steps mentioned below to update your device.

1. Go to setting

2. Manage app

3. Click the '…' icon at the top-right corner and select show all apps

4. Search system updater

5. Then clear cache/clear data.

After that kindly check for updates.

If the issue still persists, I would request you to follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

Update mobile phone by the manual update:

1. Go to https://in.c.mi.com/ & download the ROM as mentioned above.

2. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable and copy the ROM file downloaded into the folder 'downloaded_rom' in the internal storage of your device. If the folder is unavailable, create a folder with exactly the similar name.

3. Launch the 'Updater' app on your device:

4. Click the '…' icon at the top-right corner and select 'Choose update package', and choose the ROM file you've put in "downloaded_rom".

5. After choosing the right ROM file, your device will begin upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is completed.

Update mobile through recovery mode:

1. Download the latest MIUI ROM file Download here

Rename the downloaded ROM file to 'update.zip' on the computer.

2. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 into the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it in any folder)

Method 1: Launch the 'Updater' app on your device, click the '…' icon at the top-right corner, and select 'Reboot to Recovery mode' to enter.

Method 2: You can also turn off your device and then hold both the Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.

In Recovery mode, you can use Volume +/- to select up/down, and Power button to confirm.

After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select 'Install update.zip to System One' and confirm, and then your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose 'Reboot to System One', and then your device should boot to the new version.

FlashSA

Executive Member

BCR

Expert Member
Bought a 9T a few hours ago for R2,999 from Incredible Conn. (a special on at the moment).

There should be some level of excitement over a new phone, but I've never felt more apprehensive about buying anything, like I did with this .... all owing to increased comments recently on GSM Arena about the "dead boot" experience.

Those with that problem seem to be in parts of Asia & north Africa (Nigeria), and to date, haven't read about anyone complaining in RSA.

As a result, decided to take a chance due to the excellent price & specs.
Just hope I can get 3 - 4 years out of it, without any issues.

BCR

Expert Member
Do others' 9T's generally get quite warm - hot while charging, like this new one is ?

It's gone from just under 50% to 82% fast charging in about 40 minutes ; don't know if that's that great, but it is only 18 mAh fast charging ... and a big battery to fill up.

riscbroker

Expert Member
Being a new phone, chances are it wasn't just idling, so part of the heat may have been caused by simultaneous processor activity. I'd let it settle in for a couple of days then check again.

BCR

Expert Member
Being a new phone, chances are it wasn't just idling, so part of the heat may have been caused by simultaneous processor activity. I'd let it settle in for a couple of days then check again.

Thanks - it seemed to cool down more as it approached / reached the 100% level.

Conack

Expert Member
Had to use my adblocker on the Mi Africa site to get the Mi 11T popup out of my face... comes up on every single page or refresh.

jnvdh06

Does the Redmi Note 10 Pro come with a clear case and tempered glass screen protector?