The Official Xiaomi Thread

Mity

11T Pro release this weekend.
Check this sweet deal somewhere in the Euros.
54f4f9429fe764b25f6dd352fefad138.jpg

lambch0p

What price point do you guys think the 11T Pro will release at?
Noticed MiPhones has it listed at R11,699.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Xiaomi CEO says the company will mass produce its first car in 2024

After announcing its electric car subsidiary back in March this year, during an investors' meeting, Xiaomi's CEO confirmed that its electric vehicle production is on track. In fact, Lei Jun believes the mass production of said car will start in the first half of 2024.

Xiaomi completed the registration of its EV arm in August and is planning to invest $10 billion in it in the next ten years. It has also acquired DeepMotion - a firm that works on self-driving technologies - and has been hiring employees for its new business like crazy.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_ceo..._produce_its_first_car_in_2024-news-51487.php

BCR

Expert Member
Anyone received Android 11 OTA yet in SA for the Redmi 9T ?

If so, does it get pushed to the "System Apps Updater" section
of the phone, or part of the MIUI section, because I don't see any "update" option where it shows you what Android version you're currently on, namely Android 10.

I'm up to date, btw, with Android security patch level (Sept) and those system apps I was prepared to install (didn't want all of them).

Last edited:

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Anyone received Android 11 OTA yet in SA for the Redmi 9T ?

If so, does it get pushed to the "System Apps Updater" section
of the phone, or part of the MIUI section, because I don't see any "update" option where it shows you what Android version you're currently on, namely Android 10.
MIUI 12.5 / Android 11 was made available for pilot testers on the Redmi 9T this week...so it's a bit before a beta is made available.

Probably a couple weeks at least before a stable release.

BCR

Expert Member
MIUI 12.5 / Android 11 was made available for pilot testers on the Redmi 9T this week...so it's a bit before a beta is made available.

Probably a couple weeks at least before a stable release.
Cheers, thanks.

I've seen some articles / vids whereby the EU version (?) was available, but by side loading it, I think.

Last edited:

Steady

Noticed MiPhones has it listed at R11,699.

Sir Bob

Is there a differnce between the sim slots on a duel sim note 10 pro?
will either one be faster for vodacom?

jnvdh06

Do you guys use the clear case provided in the box or do you buy another case?
Do you use a screen protector?

eddybsb4u

Do you guys use the clear case provided in the box or do you buy another case?
Do you use a screen protector?
- I didn't like the clear case from the box so I went and bought a case from Takealo. It's really not the best case but it was the only better case I could find on TAL: https://www.takealot.com/digitronic...proof-case-for-xiaomi-redmi-note/PLID72768796

I see now they have new cases and I'm planning to get this one: https://www.takealot.com/keysion-xi...-shockproof-cover-protective-cas/PLID73052295

- I don't have a screen protector yet. I'm still using the tiny plastic that comes with the phone. It's not the best but it does the job. The problem is most of the screen protectors I find they don't have that tiny hole for the front camera. I will wait until I get a protector with the hole for the camera.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Using the clear case mine (9T) came with & don't see a reason to change it - not for a few years, anyway.
It "fits like a glove".

It came with a screen protector, which the helpful sales guy at Incredible Connection offered to put on & I gladly accepted, because, no sign of any bubbles, whereas I'd probably have messed it up.
You might laugh, but a good trick to apply a screen protector with is to do it in a steamy bathroom

marvelguy

I am very confused by Xiaomi SA or Mia, as an upcoming brand.

This 14k 11T Pro better come with a premium after sales experience and free screen replacements.

They basically need to offer the same premium after sales experience Huawei and Samsung use to offer.

14K is a lot to spend on a Xiaomi.

This thread has made me think twice about buying a Xiaomi device.

The after sales experience from previous posts has been off putting. "Vodacom can't find the IMEI".. “Mia blaming Takealot and eventually helping the customer ".

These situations don't inspire confidence in a phone worth 14K.

Xiaomi and Mia have a lot to work on.

Last edited:

Fred07

I am very confused by Xiaomi SA or Mia, as an upcoming brand.

This 14k 11T Pro better come with a premium after sales experience and free screen replacements.

They basically need to offer the same premium after sales experience Huawei and Samsung use to offer.

14K is a lot to spend on a Xiaomi.

This thread has made me think twice about buying a Xiaomi device.

The after sales experience from previous posts has been off putting. "Vodacom can't find the IMEI".. “Mia blaming Takealot and eventually helping the customer ".

These situations don't inspire confidence in a phone worth 14K.

Xiaomi and Mia have a lot to work on.

Supply chain issues and after sales being the most important.
Xiaomi are probably working on it. They just have to get repair centers here organised and working. Not that their phones need it tho.

Xiaomi are à reliable brand. Their phones don't give ****. Just graft and do what they supposed to do.