The Official Xiaomi Thread

Doom5003

Anyone know if the Xiaomi 11T Pro 5G supplied by vodacom is single sim?
i cant find any information on this on their site and to my knowledge, only the dual sim is available world wide. There is no single sim variant.

HandyTechTipper

i cant find any information on this on their site and to my knowledge, only the dual sim is available world wide. There is no single sim variant.
I think someone posted previously that Vodacom block the second SIM and it can't be enabled

cavedog

Honorary Master

All Chinese phones sold by Vodacom is single sim they block due sim features.

Xiaomi, Huawei, Hisense, Vivo ect all of them

Old_Liver

I got a Redmi Note 10 Pro from Vodacom a couple of months ago. Came with a blocked off second sim slot on the tray, but it has 2 imei numbers.
I've ordered a dual sim tray and installed a custom Android 12 Rom, it shows as dual sim in the software. Still waiting for the sim tray to arrive though.

Magandroid

Expert Member
I got a Redmi Note 10 Pro from Vodacom a couple of months ago. Came with a blocked off second sim slot on the tray, but it has 2 imei numbers.
I've ordered a dual sim tray and installed a custom Android 12 Rom, it shows as dual sim in the software. Still waiting for the sim tray to arrive though.
This will be so interesting to see if it works. Hope it does work. Is the sim tray that comes from Vodacom a single sim tray?

Doom5003

To problem would be to find a dual sim tray for a phone new on the market. Might have to contact Xiaomi SA.
Installing a global rom is the easy part according to my research.
This will be my first Xiaomi phone.

Old_Liver

DeonH

Transfer Apps from internal to external storage

Redmi 9 / Xiaomi M2004J19G
Can someone please recommend an App or what I need to do to move my Apps to SD Card?

I watched a video from a guy with a language I don't understand. I needed to go into developer mode, change some settings and then download & install a 9 App SDK file. Because I could follow it, I stopped and checked in here. Don't want to loose my phone alive.

Thanks.

Gona_G

Please can you share how you loaded the custom Rom...want to attempt on my daughter's Note 10 pro.
Is there a link with detailed instructions perhaps?

Doom5003

Okay so got the Xiaomi 11T Pro from Vodacom and it came with a dual SIM tray en phone has option for both SIMs

Old_Liver

Please can you share how you loaded the custom Rom...want to attempt on my daughter's Note 10 pro.
Is there a link with detailed instructions perhaps?
Your first step will be unlocking the bootloader, which you can find here:

You can follow a guide like this to get a rom installed:
It should work for more than just the pixel experience rom

You can find a whole lot of different roms here:

Gona_G

Your first step will be unlocking the bootloader, which you can find here:

You can follow a guide like this to get a rom installed:
It should work for more than just the pixel experience rom

You can find a whole lot of different roms here:
Thank you so much!
A couple of years ago when I bought my Xiaomi Mi 5 it came with a Chinese rom which I did not enjoy and tried my hand at loading custom roms....thankfully my very first attempt was successful and that's where I left that. I was very apprehensive attempting again with the Note 10 Pro because I've yet to find an easy enough guide that I could follow...here's hoping I come right!!!

tridev

I need to replace the main microphone on my Redmi Note 9. The one next to the charging port. The sub microphone still works. The only place that Xiaomi suggest is in Boksburg.

It is difficult to replace or is there some place easy?

Gudnews

Expert Member
Something curious here:

The 5G version usually retails for R5 499 and this ad does a confusing job of indicating which version they are actually selling.

ABDurbs

Recd my Note 10 Pro from MIA on Weds and so far so good. Very nice phone, and a nice surprise that it came with a to fit screen saver. MIA service was good.
Still getting used to the move from Android 10 and my P30lite to Android 11 on the Note 10. Don't like the Contacts App, much prefer the one on my P30.
Camera on the Note is very good as is the screen.

Magandroid

Expert Member
Contacted MIA Africa today to see if they will match Vodacom's offering but they declined. So I'll probably go to Vodacom then.