The Official Xiaomi Thread

Leisure Larry

Is he happy with EU? I really want to try it.

Yeah. Always laughing and mocking @ me when he shows it to me.
I've just got a Pixel 5a unboxed and a Note 10 Pro unboxed, both waiting to be used. Going to give the Note 10 Pro Global stock rom a try for 2 to 3 weeks.

jvrs

Whats the opinion regarding the Note 10 Pro vs Samsung A52s ?
And the Note 10 Pro in general from users on here, I read a few reviews on the web

Readsalot

Expert Member
Whats the opinion regarding the Note 10 Pro vs Samsung A52s ?
And the Note 10 Pro in general from users on here, I read a few reviews on the web

I'm also looking at them. From what I can tell the Samsung is better, but everyone who got the 10 Pro seems really happy with it.

veethree

I'm also looking at them. From what I can tell the Samsung is better, but everyone who got the 10 Pro seems really happy with it.

I have the A52s and my son has the 10 Pro. What you say is about right. The Samsung has a few advantages, but the 10 Pro is still a good phone and is cheaper.

Leisure Larry

Yes, my dilemma now is do I want to pay the extra and get the Google Pixel 5a? It's getting stunning reviews.

I have this and the Note 10 Pro.
If I could only get an IR Blaster on the Pixel I would say hands down the Pixel is awesome!
I really use the IR Blaster for my aircons and telly.

jvrs

Yes, my dilemma now is do I want to pay the extra and get the Google Pixel 5a? It's getting stunning reviews.

Now you sending me down a rabbit hole, if you go for the Pixel how would you source it ?
via Connected Devices ?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Seeing a big increase in the number of nearly new 11T Pro's for sale. Did some research and they seem to suffer from faulty battery readings (last 30% of charge depletes in minutes and 100% in 17min isn't actually 100% full) according to multiple Reddit threads. Wonder if these sellers have experienced the same.

Mity

Seeing a big increase in the number of nearly new 11T Pro's for sale. Did some research and they seem to suffer from faulty battery readings (last 30% of charge depletes in minutes and 100% in 17min isn't actually 100% full) according to multiple Reddit threads. Wonder if these sellers have experienced the same.
Also read about a now known Wi-Fi issue with the vanilla Mi 11. Something about the Wi-Fi module getting fried. I think there was even an official Xiaomi process to replace the component but you had to ship the phone back to China.

I must say these two issues on their now expensive flagships have me reconsidering them as my next phone.

Steady

I quote from that review (TomsGuide).
In fact, I’m hard-pressed to find anything truly wrong with the Pixel 5a. It’s not the most powerful phone, and the display doesn’t wow. While budget-conscious buyers won’t like the price increase over the Pixel 4a, I don’t think these criticisms end up detracting from this phone’s merits.

This is hardly the review I would accept for a phone costing.... what R12000?

Remember, the USA phone market has a limited offering compared to the rest of the world.
Toms guide is American too? Within that context, reading that paragraph, nothing impresses me.
The new Samsung A73 on the way. Would that perhaps be similar prices with the A73 a few country miles better than the Pixel. That is my guess. Not that I would pick a Samsung either.

or look at this comparison between two phones with similar prices at connected devices.

It does not appear that google's phone business is as good as the rest. But each to their own.

Last edited:

Athanc

Got the update yesterday , 13.0.3 (EU version ) as my phone was bought from UK.

Seems to be nearly the same. Can't see what's really new except notifications management, dark mode set at OS level finally seems to work. All apps look good now.

What the heck is sidebar? Should I care about it and how does one activate it?

Under special features you can activate the side bar. You can basically set what apps you want to be able to open on floating windows. It actually makes the multitasking quite nice. New notification control panel is not available to me I don't know why. 13.0.4 here....

Readsalot

Expert Member
I quote from that review (TomsGuide).

It does not appear that google's phone business is as good as the rest. But each to their own.

Yebo. I always keep coming back to the Note Pro 10 as the best value for money (since I want a phone with a good camera), even if you spend twice the amount. My birthday is in a month, so if nothing better dropped by then I'll probably just get that.

marvelguy

I'm waiting for the Note 11 Pro 5G (Snapdragon 698) to launch.

I want a white or blue one.

Hopefully Vodacom doesn't have exclusivity on the interesting colours again.

Last edited:

Chingha

Expert Member
Don't have these issues, it does get a bit grumpy at less than 20 percent full but it charges so quickly, just plug in for 5 min and off you go again. The battery life is actually very impressive.
Easily get through most of the day running maps and Bluetooth on.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
IMG-20220310-WA0008.jpg

I did a factory reset 10 days ago and my father's A9's storage is already full. I honestly don't know what's happening. I checked the WhatsApp folders and it's not WhatsApp that's causing this.