The Olympic Thread of "Go Team South Africa!"

McT

The Humble Scot!
What the hell is up with these swimmers walking out with these massive headphones on their head? It looks f@kken vertraag! If you must listen to something to calm the neves use discreet little earphones for gods sakes! If i were their coach I would bitch slap them!
lol ... it does look ghastly :D

AthenianOwl

Executive Member
**** SABC!!!!!! :( :( :( I wanted to watch Men's 200m Butterfly SF on SABC2 tonight but it didn't show up at all :(

Garson007

Honorary Master
Our relay team for the medley is really coming together. Two of the styles we're doing great as. The only problem is the backstroke, while the freestyle is a toss-up.

We also have a good chance in the 4x400m relay, where we really need to run Oscar as non-starter.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I think Le Clos' final is at 20:50 tonight. Hoping for him to finish strong.

Garson007

Honorary Master
It really looks like backstroke is the only one that will cost us in the medley.

ichigo

Executive Member
We came 2nd in the rowing semi so we have a chance at a medal on thursday 1:30 pmish

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Thanks man, that's really helpful.

The women's badminton team has been eliminated after 3 losses.
Siphiwe Lusizi is through to the round of 16 in the welterweight division of men's boxing.
Men's hockey lost 6-0 to Australia.
Banyana are still holding Japan at 0-0.
Gideon van Zyl lost in the round of 32 in Judo.

Last edited:

Abe

Expert Member
We also have a good chance in the 4x400m relay, where we really need to run Oscar as non-starter.
He has to start as per the rules. His blades are dangerous to run in a group so he can only run in races where he is in his own lane. I think he is still a big advantage for the relay because he is fast at the end which should make his hand over much better than others.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
He has to start as per the rules. His blades are dangerous to run in a group so he can only run in races where he is in his own lane. I think he is still a big advantage for the relay because he is fast at the end which should make his hand over much better than others.
The IAAF are not barring him from running any leg. Team SA chose to run him in the first leg last time out. Unless there's been a recent change he can run any leg.

Gunner182

Expert Member
Hope Chad does well, and to think he got included in the squad just to gain experience for Rio 2016 and he's performing beyond expectations. He twice had a better time than Michael Phelps in the heats, plus he looked so comfortable in that semi-final.

Gideon Louw also stands a good chance of making the 100m freestyle Final. I also see that he is a champion in college swimming in the States. So I'm holding thumbs!