The one line which is killing Telkom stores

lotus123

And yet their sales reps are pitching their end-to-end network offerings to corporate clients.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Apparently my online order was cancelled due to credit vetting? Yet Vodacom went through fine, also the process Telkom uses for online is so archaic, you fill in all the details and someone phones you to reiterate the details? The one thing I'll say for Vodacom, if you do it online, it's online.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So many companies don't appreciate the resources it takes to build a top-notch system or to license and adapt one. And then they end up paying substantially more in the long run.

Gozzy

Yeah no surprise here, cutting your nose to spite your face, nice going Telkom, you might as well just close the shop in these situations, it will do less harm to your reputation.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Their systems are pathetic. My company wanted to buy a cellphone straight up, no contract, for business use from a Telkom store and they were unable to even put our company name and VAT number on the invoice. Without that we can't claim the VAT or the capital allowance on the cellphone. Needless to say we moved on to a different supplier who could issue a simple invoice with our company details on it.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Apparently my online order was cancelled due to credit vetting?
I went through that. Their "system" said that I do not qualify for a R500 a month cellphone contract, when I had already been paying them about R900 a month for a few years for ADSL!

Eventually I printed out my Credit Records and demanded to see the store manager who then approved it :X3:

Lupus

Honorary Master
I went through that. Their "system" said that I do not qualify for a R500 a month cellphone contract, when I had already been paying them about R900 a month for a few years for ADSL!

Eventually I printed out my Credit Records and demanded to see the store manager who then approved it :X3:
This is a R219 contract, it's barely a drop but apparently I can't afford it. So perhaps it's for the better.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
This is a R219 contract, it's barely a drop but apparently I can't afford it. So perhaps it's for the better.
And to top it they made an error activating my account.
Eventually took me over a week to get a working phone.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
WTF serious? So perhaps not being with them is a good thing.
Well I also suspect that they also hooked me up with the wrong package as I always have data and about 3000 minutes of Voice Calls that never expire :laugh:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Well I also suspect that they also hooked me up with the wrong package as I always have data and about about 3000 minutes of Voice Calls available that never expire :laugh:
My wife had that when she was Telkom Mobile, but hers was 500mb data that just kept refreshing :)

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I have 2GB/1GB and 500MB of data. But I was only supposed to get 1GB a month :laugh:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
And go to a VodaKAK store, all you can do is take out new products.

Cancel a contract? Sorry, leave this here massive store and call customer care.

Account/bill enquiry? Phone our customer care.

Yay!!

Lupus

Honorary Master
And go to a VodaKAK store, all you can do is take out new products.

Cancel a contract? Sorry, leave this here massive store and call customer care.

Account/bill enquiry? Phone our customer care.

Yay!!
Go to a store? Why would I want to do that? Cancel online, order online, do everything without interacting. Telkom on the other hand, you have to go into store for 90% of everything.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Go to a store? Why would I want to do that? Cancel online, order online, do everything without interacting. Telkom on the other hand, you have to go into store for 90% of everything.
Was in the mall, very large store right there, who'd have thought that they would not be able to help?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Was in the mall, very large store right there, who'd have thought that they would not be able to help?
The biggest issue with Vodacom is the variety of third parties, like Chatz and others I've seen, unless it's an actual Vodacom Shop they probably cannot really do anything. Not defending just saying how useless that really is.