The other Auschwitz, any truth to this ?

Swa

Honorary Master
I think Jesus had a thing or two to say on the matter of treating everyone equally.

Did you skip that part of bible study?

In any case the gospel truth was written in Galatians 3:28, apparently:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
The in Christ part should have been a clue for you. Ironically you pick the one sentence that actually supports his stance.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
The in Christ part should have been a clue for you. Ironically you pick the one sentence that actually supports his stance.
It must be handy for you how the word of your god is open to interpretation to suit your agenda.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Depends on your agenda. I chatted with a Muslim guy at work who insisted he wasn't in fact Jewish and got angry and refused to talk about it anymore.
Wait what? He was born in Israel allegedly in Jewish cities??

chemfis

The whole issue of the holocaust is very tricky, if one looks purely at what can be plainly demonstrated as a fact one is left with many questions around the prevalent and common view of this piece of history.

MirageF1

Expert Member
The whole issue of the holocaust is very tricky, if one looks purely at what can be plainly demonstrated as a fact one is left with many questions around the prevalent and common view of this piece of history.
BS.

Unless you're blind, unable to read, of unsound mind or wilfully motivated by denial and hate

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Wait what? He was born in Israel allegedly in Jewish cities??
Yeah, agenda's count and some people are so indoctrinated they simply don't question the contradictions. I'm sure I raised the question in here at the time )4 or 5 years ago) on one of the threads and I reckon it's to do with everyone is born Muslim but they don't know it yet, type thing.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Care to elaborate?

chemfis

Well there's no question that the nazis had an agenda to remove all jews from germany by whatever means but the commonly held view of mass killings in gas chambers is very open to question when you look at the facts.

Swa

Honorary Master
It must be handy for you how the word of your god is open to interpretation to suit your agenda.
What agenda? It must be handy for you to latch onto any little quib to suit your agenda.

Indeed. There's a movie about a guy that gets sued for writing a book on the holocaust. To win his case he has to prove that it happened. Even with all those shouting things like holocaust denier and whatnot when it comes down to it they have a hard time even starting to provide proof.

chemfis

What agenda? It must be handy for you to latch onto any little quib to suit your agenda.

Indeed. There's a movie about a guy that gets sued for writing a book on the holocaust. To win his case he has to prove that it happened. Even with all those shouting things like holocaust denier and whatnot when it comes down to it they have a hard time even starting to provide proof.
Yes, what I've seen is that the holocaust as a topic of discussion very rapidly dissolves into an emotionally charged squabble and also that is very taboo to question any of the "facts" surrounding it. Personally, I am only able to consider statements that would stand up to both legal and scientific scrutiny. Nevertheless, it is a very interesting piece of history.

Reactions: Swa

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Yes, what I've seen is that the holocaust as a topic of discussion very rapidly dissolves into an emotionally charged squabble and also that is very taboo to question any of the "facts" surrounding it. Personally, I am only able to consider statements that would stand up to both legal and scientific scrutiny. Nevertheless, it is a very interesting piece of history.
Not sure if you're a theist, or an atheist, but I imagine it must be easier to deny the holocaust as a theist. Why would your chosen god allow such a thing to happen?