The other side of the Instagram influencer trend

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
The other side of the Instagram influencer trend

Instagram has grown to become one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, and companies would be misguided to ignore the potential reach of the platform.

The nature of Instagram’s celebrity-focused community means that businesses can find it difficult to reach people using their company posts.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This bulls**t of Instagram and YouTube influencers is one of the more depressing aspects of our current times.

Idiocracy was right after all.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I'm only there for booty pics. If I find Amazon or Audible discount codes then maybe I'll support you.

Who am I kidding, as if Audible would sponsor big booty hoes.

ActivateD

Expert Member
I know of a few influences here in SA that are making good money from Instagram and other social media outlets but it aint for everyone. It really does take a lot of work to maintain and to get your "followers" to do things.

Edit: I view is, if you do not run it like a "business" then it might fail. Got to put in the work.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Not sure what portion of the population are steered by marketing hype. It seems a foreign concept to me, but no doubt some of it is subtle.

saor

Honorary Master
Why the hell would I want to buy something because some random fscktard on social media punts it?
Same reason someone thinks you'd buy something because some hollyywood fscktard punts it. It's all arbitrary.