The plan to roll out fibre and security cameras in Soweto

eg2505

Honorary Master
how long before the cameras are stolen for scrap metal?
and the fibre is dug up and stolen to be sold elsewhere?

Unreal

That might be so, but how often have we been able to equate BEE with excellence?
[
That might be so, but how often have we been able to equate BEE with excellence?
fair point. But I guess it depends on what you’re exposed to and where you are looking.
If you’re looking at government, politicians and their connections for excellence, then all you’ll find is disappointment.
But if you’re looking at people like me, my company, the service we offer and companies like ours- then you’ll find only excellence.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Wrong. You still need the infrastructure first for which the residents will either be unwilling or unable to pay. Makes sense once you have a national footprint but these charity projects simply delay affordable internet for all. Also see the headline states fibre and security cameras so it will be like Mitchell's Plain except they'll say we will only pay you R50 and Vumatel will say well it actually costs us R200 but ok we'll take it.

I'm so done with these fcking clowns. Vumatel is in my area but I'll rather pay double for wireless than support them.
Yes the cameras are actually for the residents as a free to air TV service. You got me, the cats out the bag.

• Haha
Reactions: Swa