The pro Jab Scientist on the forum

Jola

Honorary Master
In my case my 1 year older brother, we are similar in age and health. He is doing quite well after he had Covid, I cannot speak for other people. This plus data on hand indicates I have high chance of having little to no complications, hence, I am happy to sit on the fence.

That is an extremely small sample.

Many people seem to suffer from quite severe after-effects of long covid, and nobody knows how long that will continue for. Some may have permanent damage.

Analysis of several studies and health record databases by King's College London suggested 1-2% of people in their 20s who had the virus would develop long Covid, compared with 5% of people in their 60s.

"But 1-2% of 100,000 cases a day is a lot of people," Dr Claire Steves, one of the study's authors, pointed out.
And Dr David Strain at the University of Exeter Medical School, who works with patients with long Covid, said most people being referred to his clinic were in their 20s, 30s and 40s. That might be because these symptoms, though slightly less common in younger people, have a bigger impact on them.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
In my opinion .... whatever you do - don't go to hospital ..... I would rather die at home than put my foot in there.

Between Clexane, midazolam, morhine, remdesivir, cortizone etc. I would rather take my chances at home .....
Must be awesome to have a doctor on call at your place and all the necessary machines that would assist with breathing etc.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
You're literally making my point for me. Thanks!

It's a pleasure. I'm here to help.

Get the jab, kids.

I'm just thankful that the "medical science" on lobotomies being a cure for lesbianism has changed. Pity about Rosemary Kennedy, though. She got one for a mood swing!

And just as we are learning from Israel, we also learned from lobotomies. It's called science.

science
/ˈsʌɪəns/
noun
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

But sure, it is very complicated and can be difficult to grasp for those of us who are not scientists. Some people go onto the internet and think they know what they are talking about, but they don't. This is dangerous. So yeah, that's why we leave it to them. "The Scientists". You should see the diseases they have wiped out already. It's amazing.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
It's a pleasure. I'm here to help.

Get the jab, kids.

And just as we are learning from Israel, we also learned from lobotomies. It's called science.

But sure, it is very complicated and can be difficult to grasp for those of us who are not scientists. Some people go onto the internet and think they know what they are talking about, but they don't. This is dangerous. So yeah, that's why we leave it to them. "The Scientists". You should see the diseases they have wiped out already. It's amazing.
You don't consider yourself one of those who went on the internet and now thinks they know talking about?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
There have always been issues with vaccines and plenty of them were pulled, either due to them being rushed as they were deemed needed (polio - cutter incident), or there was real data later on proving side effects.
Thing is though,your example is a deactivated actual virus vaccine - where the virus wasn't deactivated. So the side-effects were the disease itself. The popular vaccines at the moment are the mRNA ones primarily,so 0 chance that issue occurring. In fact the primary sources of issues (contamination,virus itself) are largely eliminated in the case of mRNA
Not even the fact that it seems a large % of anticovidjabbers are worried that the "new" vaccines got rushed,but are quite happy with the century-old virus-injection that actually has had confirmed issues per your citation

Also it's been a year since the mRNA vaccines became broadly available,would you like to put down a number for WHEN exactly you'd deem a fake-protein-printer to be safe when the mRNA itself dissipates in weeks?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
long covid,
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I take it you think the easter bunny exists too?
The topic deserves serious study. Some patients, particularly older ones with co-morbidities, do experience symptoms that outlast a coronavirus infection. But such symptoms can also be psychologically generated or caused by a physical illness unrelated to the prior infection. Long Covid is largely an invention of vocal patient activist groups. Legitimizing it with generous funding risks worsening the symptoms the NIH is hoping to treat
The concept of long Covid has a highly unorthodox origin: online surveys produced by Body Politic, which launched in 2018 and describes itself atop its website’s homepage as “a queer feminist wellness collective merging the personal and the political.” In March 2020, the group’s co-founders created the Body Politic Covid-19 Support Group, and as part of their mission of “cultivating patient led research,” the organization coordinated a series of online surveys on persistent symptoms. Based on the results of these, Body Politic produced the first report on long Covid in May.
Take your myths to the kiddies play area.

Jola

Honorary Master
Take your myths to the kiddies play area.

It has been too widely reported to be regarded as just another joke.

Also, if you look at the severe illness and lung/organ damage that some of the covid survivors have suffered, you would have to be an absolute idiot to think that there would be no long-term after-effects.

Maybe if you think that you know more than all the experts, you should make haste to the kiddies play area.

_Dog

Er, that's only 1 device.

John, I have no intention of taking any prescribed medication. Neither would I wish for a doctor to visit me at home. If it's my time to go ..... I will leave this rock.
I have no intention, and neither do my family members of dying alone in a hospital being medicated with "End of Life" ie. midazolam etc. medication.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Er...

Heaven forbid we end up in this position:

BBSA

Honorary Master
If only more people took this approach.
It depends on who is funding the science.

Are you going to trust the science which proof that you need fibre to poop if it is funded by kellogs?

Nereus77

Are you going to trust the science which proof that you need fibre to poop if it is funded by kellogs?
Yes, it really does matter who does the study. That's why they need to stand up to peer review (I'm no scientist so I'm not going to peer review papers, lol)

Like the French Hydroxychloroquine paper that people went crazy over, meanwhile it was funded by a foundation of crackpots that apparently thinks Einstein's Theory of Relativity is crap (They have many other crackpot views, btw). The study, when scientists reviewed it, was full of holes and bad data, therefore it came to the wrong conclusion. But it didn't matter because Trump got wind of it and promoted HCQ as a wonder cure for COVID causing a certain demographic to go crazy over the stuff.

Accepted science is where its at. Peer reviewed. Independently verified.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Well, I proved point 4 wrong.
I drank at least 3 litres of beer the night before the jab on Thursday night
And then 9 beers straight afterwards on Friday as soon as I arrived at home

Doctors can only advise, they're aren't experts. I believe you need to listen to yourself and know what is happening with your own body. Doctors cannot feel that same feeling :)
The only reason why they advise you not to drink alcohol for that period of time is because alcohol is an immune response suppressant, so to get the best response to the vaccine it is suggested not to drink.

It is not going to have any detrimental affect on your body besides a lower antibody production.

My sister did the same thing, she got her jab and we went out partying the same night

s0lar

Expert Member

Yes, it really does matter who does the study. That's why they need to stand up to peer review (I'm no scientist so I'm not going to peer review papers, lol)

Like the French Hydroxychloroquine paper that people went crazy over, meanwhile it was funded by a foundation of crackpots that apparently thinks Einstein's Theory of Relativity is crap (They have many other crackpot views, btw). The study, when scientists reviewed it, was full of holes and bad data, therefore it came to the wrong conclusion. But it didn't matter because Trump got wind of it and promoted HCQ as a wonder cure for COVID causing a certain demographic to go crazy over the stuff.

Accepted science is where its at. Peer reviewed. Independently verified.
Answered, if Kellog's funds a study and its gonna make @Nereus77 poop more regularly his clearly in no matter who is the beneficiary of the study. The oke is clearly constipated, emotionally and otherwise. :ROFL:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
The only reason why they advise you not to drink alcohol for that period of time is because alcohol is an immune response suppressant, so to get the best response to the vaccine it is suggested not to drink.

It is not going to have any detrimental affect on your body besides a lower antibody production.

My sister did the same thing, she got her jab and we went out partying the same night
Damn, so should I go get the 1st jab again or what?

BBSA

Honorary Master

I guess the Smurf's immune system was broken in any case then he took the jab so it probably doesn't matter.