The pro Jab Scientist on the forum

Spizz

Goat Botherer
You jumping through hoops.

Its a myth busting article, it has to be 100% accurate, yes or no?

For me yes, otherwise, you misinforming or pushing an agenda.

If you say, even if its wrong, but because its support my viewpoint I am going to let it slide, that is also a slippery slope.

You are the first to say the science is correct. But dont have a problem if the article is not?

We can disagree about my decision not to get a jab, but we should not on having accurate information

The claim is "I'm not at risk for severe complications so I don't need the vaccine".

So is this a myth or not? Yes or no?

The explanation is " Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread to others,..."

Is this true or false? Yes or no?

Then it continues "... so it's important you get vaccinated"

Does being vaccinated reduce your risk of severe complications? Yes or no?

Also...

Does being vaccinated reduce the viral load and hence make it less likely for a vaccinated person to pass it on? Yes or no?

Then a recommendation that as many eligible adults get the vaccine. As per medical and government advice. So nothing wrong there.

Can you please answer these and show me what I am missing? I am keen to learn.

Markd

Expert Member
If you're afraid of getting the jab or dont trust it for whatever reason, then fine. You do you and good luck with COVID because eventually it's going to find its way to you and if you aren't vaccinated you're going to roll the dice and have to hope you're not in the minority of people that it kills. We can see from the data that even vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus so I can't see how unvaccinated people are going to escape getting it eventually.

Personally COVID didn't really register too much on my radar until this 3rd wave where 3 people I know have now been killed. One of them was late 30's, and the other early 40's. I have no idea why they succumbed and science hasn't really provided any conclusive answers on that yet. So guess what - I'm going to take my chances with the vaccine with 2nd shot due imminently. Again, there are millions of people who have gone before me and side effects are far smaller in number than deaths from COVID.

So do what you want man, and good luck to you.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
You jumping through hoops.

Its a myth busting article, it has to be 100% accurate, yes or no?

For me yes, otherwise, you misinforming or pushing an agenda.

If you say, even if its wrong, but because its support my viewpoint I am going to let it slide, that is also a slippery slope.

You are the first to say the science is correct. But dont have a problem if the article is not?

We can disagree about my decision not to get a jab, but we should not on having accurate information
Lol didn’t News24 have a comment section?

rh1

Expert Member
The claim is "I'm not at risk for severe complications so I don't need the vaccine".

So is this a myth or not? Yes or no?

The explanation is " Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread to others,..."

Is this true or false? Yes or no?

Then it continues "... so it's important you get vaccinated"

Does being vaccinated reduce your risk of severe complications? Yes or no?

Also...

Does being vaccinated reduce the viral load and hence make it less likely for a vaccinated person to pass it on? Yes or no?

Then a recommendation that as many eligible adults get the vaccine. As per medical and government advice. So nothing wrong there.

Can you please answer these and show me what I am missing? I am keen to learn.
Here it is unedited:
"Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread it to others, so it’s important you get vaccinated. Once the vaccine is widely available, it’s recommended that as many eligible adults as possible get the vaccine. It’s not only to protect you but your family and community as well."

The odinary person reading news24, will assume that the jab will prevent transmission, and he get the jab, maybe develop symptoms, not worried goes visit his at risk family and infect them.

But hey, so long as we get people to take the jab, it does not matter whether the information is accurate or not.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Here it is unedited:
"Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread it to others, so it’s important you get vaccinated. Once the vaccine is widely available, it’s recommended that as many eligible adults as possible get the vaccine. It’s not only to protect you but your family and community as well."

The odinary person reading news24, will assume that the jab will prevent transmission, and he get the jab, maybe develop symptoms, not worried goes visit his at risk family and infect them.

But hey, so long as we get people to take the jab, it does not matter whether the information is accurate or not.
Ever wonder what’s the difference between accuracy and precision?

JohnMao

Executive Member
My point is the i want to be part of the few.

Regardless, I do not want to be one of them, thank very much.
Are you happy to not get 10% off at shops? Get turned away from airlines or restaurants? That sort of thing? You're apparently not anti-vax but taking that stance which is weird.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Are you happy to not get 10% off at shops? Get turned away from airlines or restaurants? That sort of thing? You're apparently not anti-vax but taking that stance which is weird.
Yes, I'm am very happy. Thanks for asking.

Although I'm not vaccinated, I do think it is a good idea for most South Africans to get vaccinated. We are not a very healthy nation.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
natural immunity vs vaccination

after infected and recovered.

should you still need any vaccination after recovery? if you believe the "scientists", they said that you should be 95% or more not to be infected for the rest of your life from covid.

so?

DreamKing

Honorary Master
Yes, I'm am very happy. Thanks for asking.

Although I'm not vaccinated, I do think it is a good idea for most South Africans to get vaccinated. We are not a very healthy nation.

because of anc government? :p

Daveogg

Expert Member
natural immunity vs vaccination

after infected and recovered.

should you still need any vaccination after recovery? if you believe the "scientists", they said that you should be 95% or more not to be infected for the rest of your life from covid.

so?
Could you point me too the study?

Forum Reader

There'll be a bunch of data coming tomorrow regarding vaccines and their effectiveness/necessity during Discovery's annual results presentation. Most news sites should cover it.

rh1

Expert Member
Ever wonder what’s the difference between accuracy and precision?
Cannot say I ever have. But for me calculations relating to money & quantity and information needs to be accurate. When you doing something, i.e. building a wooden cabinet, your measurements and cuts needs to be precise.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Here it is unedited:

The first line of reply is....

"Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread it to others"

I really don't know how clearer that could be?

So I'm sorry, I still don't get your point and I reckon neither do you, but you just need to bump your gums and complain about something because MSM, misinformation, corporate bribery whatever whatever.

I did lay it out nicely and asked you to answer and highlight the inaccuracies which you have neglected to do, so I guess that tells us all we need to know. You're actually just moaning and making up nonsense to suit your biases.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Cannot say I ever have. But for me calculations relating to money & quantity and information needs to be accurate. When you doing something, i.e. building a wooden cabinet, your measurements and cuts needs to be precise.
Basically it means the same thing to you?
You’re measuring wood to calculate accurately based on that information?

BBSA

Honorary Master
Forum is turning into the United States. N&CA has become infested with ****ing police. You people make me sick.

iu
download.jpeg

rh1

Expert Member
The first line of reply is....

"Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread it to others"

I really don't know how clearer that could be?

So I'm sorry, I still don't get your point and I reckon neither do you, but you just need to bump your gums and complain about something because MSM, misinformation, corporate bribery whatever whatever.

I did lay it out nicely and asked you to answer and highlight the inaccuracies which you have neglected to do, so I guess that tells us all we need to know. You're actually just moaning and making up nonsense to suit your biases.
Read the whole paragraph together, dont split the sentences up an analyse it seperately.

I indicated what the problem is, but to you that is acceptable, otherwise, why are you trying convince that the paragraph as it is written cannot create a perception to someone that once he or she gets the jab, they cannot transmitt the virus, which is a dangerous perception to have.

But since you okay with it why harp on.

In fact quote the whole first sentence:
"Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread it to others, so it’s important you get vaccinated."

Which just show how dishonest you are in your response.

haroldj

If you get a cold or body pains, do you take pills to feel better, you shouldn't. it has side effects, it makes you feel better. it sounds dumb, well go figure.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Read the whole paragraph together, dont split the sentences up an analyse it seperately.

I indicated what the problem is, but to you that is acceptable, otherwise, why are you trying convince that the paragraph as it is written cannot create a perception to someone that once he or she gets the jab, they cannot transmitt the virus, which is a dangerous perception to have.

But since you okay with it why harp on.

In fact quote the whole first sentence:
"Regardless of your risk, you can still contract the infection and spread it to others, so it’s important you get vaccinated."

Which just show how dishonest you are in your response.

I broke it down to make it easier for you, but fair enough. What is wrong with that statement?

You really have to explain yourself here because all you are saying is that it and I are dishonest but are not saying why. Good grief man, what is wrong with the statement? It is factually correct. Explain yourself.