The Problem With Africa's Borders

etienne_marais

Executive Member
Those are artificial social constructs over the years.
The borders by Colonialists in Africa maybe, but culture is very real though malleable. Would you be happy with the partial system of Chinese non-freedom of religion and imprisonment without trial ? How about forced conversion to Islam ? Just accept that not the whole world share the freedoms and mindset via hardship and struggles that your ancestors fought for. Just the language issue alone, do you really find it a given that the rest of the world would be happy to sacrifice their own for English. Look at what is happening in Europe, forced quotas of refugee uptake and immigrant accommodation, not only can you see the videos for yourself where welcoming Germans have to see how benevolent food parcels are thrown away at the very moment the immigrants arrive by train but tremendous friction in formerly homogenous , safe and prosperous communities with rape and murder commonplace by ungrateful overtakers. How about the Muslims in Britain openly threatening with Sharia Law to replace centuries of civilization, grooming gangs and the like. Controlled immigration where immigrants accept the status quo of the host country is one thing, but doing away with borders is so utterly ridiculous.

Bobbin

Executive Member
The answer is an easy extreme, global genocide (either communal violence or via plague) reducing the number to what was it 2 billion? When all nations are in tatters the strongest can easily rise and force them into unity "for their own good" and most will be so traumatized they will fall for it.

You don't even have to cause the reduction you just have to fan it on and then later take advantage.
"Alien invasion", false flag operation, OWG will come to save us. Watch this space! :p

And I've been noticing a lot of official talk and admissions about UFO's lately lol. :unsure:

rambo919

Executive Member
"Alien invasion", false flag operation, OWG will come to save us. Watch this space! :p

And I've been noticing a lot of official talk and admissions about UFO's lately lol. :unsure:
Yeah the faked UFO invasion thing has been doing the rounds for a while now, doable enough with holograms and secret prototype planes and such

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Those are artificial social constructs over the years.
How would it have been different without borders? People have ideals and ideas, and these influences would have been these very constructs of borders between peoples.

The other day I watched a podcast where people joked of which big corp would be the first to purchase a country. This whole discussion arose from Facebook challenging the US of A legislatorial bodies. Seeing the terms and conditions that users must abide by and how these policies have taken shape in places like Google’s YouTube and Amazon’s Twitch I am quite certain that it wouldn’t suit my ideals even closely.

There is a lot of what-ifs, but there is no certainty that we would have been better off under different circumstances. People develop, people are influenced. Herds, flocks, whatever…

There is no perfect solution for everyone.

Voicy

Honorary Master
I'm listening to a very interesting audiobook now called "Prisoners of Geography" on Audible ... it deals with geopolitics and how some countries are and will always just be better off than others, purely based on their geography.

It also delves into how Africa was dealt the short end of the stick by having non-logical borders (e.g. mountains or rivers dividing regions).

Lupus

Honorary Master
How would it have been different without borders? People have ideals and ideas, and these influences would have been these very constructs of borders between peoples.

The other day I watched a podcast where people joked of which big corp would be the first to purchase a country. This whole discussion arose from Facebook challenging the US of A legislatorial bodies. Seeing the terms and conditions that users must abide by and how these policies have taken shape in places like Google’s YouTube and Amazon’s Twitch I am quite certain that it wouldn’t suit my ideals even closely.

There is a lot of what-ifs, but there is no certainty that we would have been better off under different circumstances. People develop, people are influenced. Herds, flocks, whatever…

There is no perfect solution for everyone.
Well the war in Yugoslavia might not have happened, World War 2 either, a lot of wars in Africa as well, as you've gone and placed different cultured people together into the same "country". Whereas if you allowed like for like to drift into their own regions it might've prevented wars and such. Though knowing humanity it would've made it a more us and them as well.

saturnz

Honorary Master
problems would still exist but I doubt they would be amplified as they are now

without borders i don't see how you would develop a nuclear bomb

Polymathic

Honorary Master
European countries weren't that homogeneous to begin with and for many they still aren't.

Over the years in France especially there was a great deal of cultural assimilation and oppression done over the years

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Doesnt this ignore the fact that the whole of africa had constant raiding or wars before the colonial era and the europeans actually had to do a LOT of pacification when it came to inter-tribal conflicts?
What's your point, the entire planet was in constant state of war pretty much until WW1.

rambo919

Executive Member
What's your point, the entire planet was in constant state of war pretty much until WW1.
My point is the argument that colonial borders cause all the wars..... even though wars predate it.

Yes they cause some conflicts but generally nothing is worse after than before.

There has never been a completely static border, the modern borders will shift again just as they always did.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Thoughts on the agricultural revolution leading to the development of sedentary societies and the emergence of the state?

How would things be different if religion never existed knowing that farming started us down the road of settled communities, the development of societies and ultimately the creation of a state?

rambo919

Executive Member
Thoughts on the agricultural revolution leading to the development of sedentary societies and the emergence of the state?

How would things be different if religion never existed knowing that farming started us down the road of settled communities, the development of societies and ultimately the creation of a state?
Well if nothing else religion was a stepping stone on the way to the abstract state.... what else could transcend tribalism and the infinite fragmentation inherent in human procreation?

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Well if nothing else religion was a stepping stone on the way to the abstract state.... what else could transcend tribalism and the infinite fragmentation inherent in human procreation?
I'd say agriculture was the stepping stone with religion as a means to control the growing state and then later dictate who does and does not belong.

Without religion we'd still have banded together in large communities, possibly with the freedom to move between them as we desired as there'd be no ''us and them''.

Conflict is inherent though, which the video touches on due to resource scarcity. Evidence of violence between early nomadic hunter-gatherers and there is age-old tension between sedentary and nomadic groups.

rambo919

Executive Member
I'd say agriculture was the stepping stone with religion as a means to control the growing state and then later dictate who does and does not belong.

Without religion we'd still have banded together in large communities, possibly with the freedom to move between them as we desired as there'd be no ''us and them''.

Conflict is inherent though, which the video touches on due to resource scarcity. Evidence of violence between early nomadic hunter-gatherers and there is age-old tension between sedentary and nomadic groups.
Then you would have still have isolated groups looking out for themselves and other bandit groups looking out for themselves. agriculture in itself is no great binding force when it comes to binding together separate groups, you can easily see this today nvm back then.

rietrot

Honorary Master
So because Europeans draw an imaginary line on a map Africans need to kill each other over it? I suggest the truth is actually that Africans have always been killing each other, just like everyone else in history. No European assistance was required and there was no peaceful wakanda.

saturnz

Honorary Master
So because Europeans draw an imaginary line on a map Africans need to kill each other over it? I suggest the truth is actually that Africans have always been killing each other, just like everyone else in history. No European assistance was required and there was no peaceful wakanda.
yeah the only problem is that when Africans no longer want to recognise these European lines, they get taken out quite quickly