The Problem With Africa's Borders

rambo919

Executive Member
you do realise it can just ignore the other block of members, like it has done many times before
Only in certain circumstances, veto's are not all THAT powerful.

Also politics are about more than just brute force.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Only in certain circumstances, veto's are not all THAT powerful.

Also politics are about more than just brute force.
I didn't talk about a veto, I said it simply ignores other members, thats different to a veto.

rietrot

Honorary Master
the issue is not about wanting more power...
The issue is you are complaining the US has too much of a say. It is about power. Limiting their power means someone needs to fill that gap.

saturnz

Honorary Master
The issue is you are complaining the US has too much of a say. It is about power. Limiting their power means someone needs to fill that gap.
no, this is my issue

yeah the only problem is that when Africans no longer want to recognise these European lines, they get taken out quite quickly
the discussion that has since ensued just emphasises my point, Africans have very little freedom to self determination.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I agree with you, if you can get over the semantics and on with whatever point you are trying to make.
what do you mean you agree with me? I've already made my point, it was pretty simply

so once again, wheres your source that everyone agreed to the removal of a democratically elected president?

rietrot

Honorary Master
what do you mean you agree with me? I've already made my point, it was pretty simply

so once again, wheres your source that everyone agreed to the removal of a democratically elected president?
Okay semantics. The west, the US the UN Nato. France, who knows. Not everyone.

Obviously the Egyptians that voted for their president didn't agree, but their vote doesn't count.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
so its safe to say then that those with veto rights do not include African countries, and where African countries are included, its more ceremonial in nature, like a token gesture
In the grand scheme of things geopolitically yes.

rambo919

Executive Member
Ironically Egypt is one of those African states that has always had a pretty homogeneous population.
Other than the original population still existing as a minority.... it's hilarious how some of the arab population think their ancestors built the pyramids :ROFL:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Other than the original population still existing as a minority.... it's hilarious how some of the arab population think their ancestors built the pyramids :ROFL:
Pretty sure the vast majority of the DNA of the Muslim population is Egyptian, springled with some DNA from the conquering Arabs and some Black slaves.