The problem with Hell :/

So based on this and your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter
If I read this correctly Prom, you are actually supporting God's pronouncement in Leviticus that children should be killed for being disobedient. Taking "zero tolerance" to the extreme.

Not at all.

you disagree with God on this one?
I don't see the relevance in quoting from the law. What are you getting at? :confused:

Placing the pronouncement of BEANCOUNTER in the correct perspective:

"In ancient cultures , a wife was the property of her husband. In India widows were voluntarily or involuntarily burned on their husbands,funeral pyres. Christian missionaries were a major influence in stopping this practice...
"
"In the ancient world,children, for ex. classical Rome and Greece infanticide was not only legal , it was applauded. Killing your own children could be seen as an act of beauty."

View this in the light that GOD see disobedience of children?!

FlyingPika

And I thought he knew everything.
Please dont take his words out of context. Lets examins his orginal post:
Our lord jesus christ gave up his his status in the kingdom, live with a servant's attitude between mankind.
Not one person walking this earth will be able to hide behind the fact that our lord do not know how it feels to live an earhly life.
There will be no excuses on judgement day. He died for the saved and the lost. On one side standing the forgiven looking at the hole in his hand a reminder that he died for them, on the other side will be standing the condemned looking at the hole in his other hand knowing that he also died for them but they rejected him.
He was saying that people can not hide behind the excuse of Jesus does not know how hard it is to live a human life.

I have done a 3 day water fast. Dam. When you are starvingggg you dont care about any of those higher needs. That hierarchy of needs thing is true.
Jesus fasted for 40 days on water only! He was also offered power over the world, and had to face the punishment for the sins of every man, to take on their guilt and pain on the cross (God sent a dark cloud to cover his face because it became so twisted and unhuman like). Beforehand he was sweating blood. We got easy in comparison.

bk.ru

Please dont take his words out of context. Lets examins his orginal post:

He was saying that people can not hide behind the excuse of Jesus does not know how hard it is to live a human life.

I have done a 3 day water fast. Dam. When you are starvingggg you dont care about any of those higher needs. That hierarchy of needs thing is true.
Jesus fasted for 40 days on water only! He was also offered power over the world, and had to face the punishment for the sins of every man, to take on their guilt and pain on the cross (God sent a dark cloud to cover his face because it became so twisted and unhuman like). Beforehand he was sweating blood. We got easy in comparison.
http://russellsteapot.com/images/rsgallery/original/001100000.jpg

Now that's the whole bit that the above cartoon explains my bewilderment at the strangeness of that perception of God.

noxibox

Honorary Master
And I thought he knew everything.
Please dont take his words out of context.
Please don't take his words out of context. The context of this thread.

the fact that our lord do not know how it feels to live an earhly life
Not the first time it was claimed God had to do the whole Jesus trip because he had no clue what it was like to be human.

Jesus fasted for 40 days on water only!
He was a Jew so I think it likely he observed Jewish fasting practices.

Last edited:

FlyingPika

Please don't take his words out of context. The context of this thread.
Please do not take his words out of context, the context of what he was saying. The whole point of that post was to point out how you are not understanding what he said which you clearly show by posting the following:

Not the first time it was claimed God had to do the whole Jesus trip because he had no clue what it was like to be human.
He was not saying that, i explained that in the post above. Please re-read it. Hes saying you cannot use that as an excuse on judgement day.

God who gave man the ability to think, the ability to feel emotion, the ability to feel love, and the ability to feel pain, certainly understands emotions. Its like saying some1 who designs and makes a robot was less knowledge of the robot, than the robot has of itself.

He was a Jew so I think it likely he observed Jewish fasting practices.
It is common knowledge how long he fasted in the wildness for 40 days.

Math 4:1-2
Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the
devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred

FlyingPika

http://russellsteapot.com/images/rsgallery/original/001100000.jpg

Now that's the whole bit that the above cartoon explains my bewilderment at the strangeness of that perception of God.
heheh
Ok brief summary. Man sinned = fall of creation. Gods law is eternal, He wont change it for himself or for any1 else. An honest judge doesnt change the law or a sentance when a criminal bribes him. The only thing that can pay for your sins is some1 innocent. He paid the price, now you can go free. If you dont want him to pay the price then you on your own. What power do you have over satan or his demons?

ninj.ga

Karmic Sangoma
My world has good and bad people who do good and bad things. I dont blame a dirt god for my wrong doings, and beg for a sky gods forgiveness. Its strange the way some people make their choices about their beliefs.

My world has good and bad people who do good and bad things. I dont blame a dirt god for my wrong doings, and beg for a sky gods forgiveness. Its strange the way some people make their choices about their beliefs.
I don't blame Satan for my wrong doing. If I could I wouldn't need God's forgiveness.

With the exception of the bible, says who?
That is really not a good way of arguing, no counter evidence from your side that it is not the case so why do you want to argue the point?
I accept it as fact based on the writings of at least four people in that era, on who's word are you doubting the facts?

Last edited:
IN RESPONSE OF THE RIPPED APART POST CONCERNING GOD AND EARTHLY LIFE:

Mankind are always looking for excuses, that include myself although learning it is not necessary, meaning that in front of the most high just and fair judge the first excuse will be "YOU DID NOT LIVE ON EARTH. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WE FELT AND HAD TO GO THROUGH. HOW CAN YOU JUDGE US!"

Ain't that a shame but that will be your reaction towards God. So He come and lived a man's life , died a horrible death , rose again , sits at the righthand of God and christians are faithfully waiting for him to return.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
So He come and lived a man's life , died a horrible death , rose again , sits at the righthand of God and christians are faithfully waiting for him to return.
Good luck Christian! The Jews and Islamists will be waiting with you to laugh :D

noxibox

Honorary Master
With the exception of the bible, says who?
I was not even referring to the stated duration, although there is probably no evidence that it happened, but rather to the fact that this person sounds like they are ignorant of Jewish fasting practices. They are similar to those of Muslims who fast Ramadan every year.

nthdimension

Please dont take his words out of context.
But all your prophecy of Jesus Bible snippets also have no context.

The do not know part is just as valid as the first part of the sentence. "the fact that our lord do not know how it feels to live an earhly life" is unambiguous - it says there is something that your god does not know. The context doesn't have any importance. One of his claims to fame was being a know-it-all.

Yes, this is was what came before the statement I quoted. God had to come to earth to find out what it was like to be human. But it doesn't even matter what was said earlier because the part "our lord do not know" is completely clear in stating there is something this god does not know.

Last edited:
I was not even referring to the stated duration, although there is probably no evidence that it happened, but rather to the fact that this person sounds like they are ignorant of Jewish fasting practices. They are similar to those of Muslims who fast Ramadan every year.
In that period of time sir the words spoken by man was their word, not like today where you need the best lawyer in the country plus everything written on paper properly signed a contract in other words ensuring a person keep his side of the bargain.

That was the reason why 2 witnesses was acceptable because their word was binding . I have 4 witnesses i don't think they lied. Their spoken word or written word was far more worth to them than any other man walking this earth's signature today...

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
No sir, it is not believing in randomness which is the case with evolution, it is believing a true god. He is not a man that he will not keep his word...
And tell me where this God of the Muslims, Jews and Christians has kept his word, outside the Bible/Torah/Qu'ran? :rolleyes: