The questions you must ask when buying an Apple MacBook Pro in South Africa

Daruk

Honorary Master
Great article....
"and 4TB SSD"... really? That must bump up the price just a little....

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
MacBook Pro 15-inch with Retina Display. This is the “old” MacBook Pro, and includes the old-style keyboard, USB ports, and an HDMI connection.
Aren't those more features than the new one? :p

garyc

Expert Member
So basically read the specs before buying. This is also a good idea when buying a Windows laptop, rather than just asking the sales person for an XPS 13.

Speedster

Executive Member
:erm: which 2018 model? There are more than one, and believe me, many of these sales people think all stock that arrives in 2018 is the 2018 model... that was the point of the article
Article states you can't trust guy working in shop to know which is 2018 model, but then suggests asking them technical questions about the specs? :erm:

genetic

Honorary Master
:erm: which 2018 model? There are more than one, and believe me, many of these sales people think all stock that arrives in 2018 is the 2018 model... that was the point of the article
If you know anything about Macs, it's that they are based upon their year of release. A 2016 model is a 2016 model regardless of the year of manufacture. This is easily identified by the system properties tab.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
The real question you need to ask:
"do I hate my money?"

followed by:
"is a badly engineered laptop, the best thing to spend it on, or am I buying an fashion accessory?"

and lastly:
"am I going to accept that the company that makes it, is incapable of taking responsibility to those poorly engineered devices, will blame me for those problems, to pressure you to keep buying new ones"