The real reason for online delivery delays in South Africa

Swa

Honorary Master
That is why I implore MyBB to keep reminding people, just as they changed the telecoms industry.
Then we have to be consistent and remind everybody of all the wrongdoing. Takealot is owned by Naspers which owned Multichoice which conducted illegal dealings with the SABC, and Naspers was involved in a lot of wrongdoing and state capture during apartheid which we are still dealing with. If we go this route as I keep saying we should find reason to boycott everybody. You are just cherry picking who you want to support like the rest of us but not acknowledging this hypocrisy.

Swa

Honorary Master
Let's make a deal. You can campaign against Naspers and I will keep the heat on Jeukbal. Win-win.
I'm getting tired of you complaining every time, and them asking other companies to go on your crusade.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
You know there is an obvious solution when you don't like something that is written?
I then further assume you will also not complain further about state capture and corruption in SA?

Swa

Honorary Master
You know there is an obvious solution when you don't like something that is written?
I then further assume you will also not complain further about state capture and corruption in SA?
Yeah it's called RBP

mr_norris

Expert Member
I have ordered two things from Loot these past few days, one item is with fedex, and the other is still on order. I have a tracking number for the former, so I am pretty sure I'll get it soon.

Support the local smaller companies instead of trying to save a few bucks, they also have stock you know.

By all means, I would do that if said smaller companies put some effort into their website, reputation / online presence, and competitive with pricing. I don't know how many local websites I visited looking for what I needed, and either they lacked HTTPS, had a site designed by a kid, had terrible service reviews on Google Maps and on Facebook, or inflated pricing. It's sad, but in most cases when I want to buy something, it comes down to Loot and Takealot. I need to trust who I'm sending my money to.

People have every right to choose where they spend their money IMO.

Reactions: Swa

Swa

Honorary Master
I have ordered two things from Loot these past few days, one item is with fedex, and the other is still on order. I have a tracking number for the former, so I am pretty sure I'll get it soon.

By all means, I would do that if said smaller companies put some effort into their website, reputation / online presence, and competitive with pricing. I don't know how many local websites I visited looking for what I needed, and either they lacked HTTPS, had a site designed by a kid, had terrible service reviews on Google Maps and on Facebook, or inflated pricing. It's sad, but in most cases when I want to buy something, it comes down to Loot and Takealot. I need to trust who I'm sending my money to.

People have every right to choose where they spend their money IMO.
I'd like supporting the smaller companies but feel a lot are also taking advantage. R600 headphones on Loot going for R1000-R1500 on Bidorbuy. Then Loot gives free delivery while most want R100 extra which is way above what couriers charge.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Agreed I ordered a STC1000 temp controller from rebel pets at 3pm with free shipping today and it arrives tomorrow thats just insane service!
ordered at 3pm and arrived before 10am on free delivery thats service!

Reactions: Swa

j4ck455

Executive Member
And still SA's don't learn. SA has no service delivery period. Any company is quick in charging you, but delivering it, is another story. Really no company foresaw online increased business. Jeez. Where I live now (Europe) different story. Some companies have built in penalty clauses, if they don't deliver on time yet SA still has not grasped the concept.
You were careful to point out that some, not all, companies in Europe, where you now live, have such clauses.

If a company that has such a penalty clause, violates that clause, how is the penalty enforced and by what entity: does the company self regulate, or is a third party responsible for enforcing the penalty, or some combination thereof?