The religion of Satanism

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
Satanism is also a religion in fact , whether people like it to be or not.

Satanism is a direction and a school of religious beliefs that comprise a number of related ideologies and philosophical beliefs and social phenomena. They share the feature of symbolism, traditions, veneration or admiration of Satan and/or similar figures or personifications of powers or ideologies.

Generally, those Satanists who believe in the Judeo-Christian concept of Satan are linked into the belief system of today's Judeo-Christian religion, as they believe in the same theology presented in the Hebrew Bible. Satan, also called Lucifer in many Christian religions, first appeared here as an Angel who challenged the religious faith of humans and the rule of Yahweh. In the Book of Job he is called "the Satan" (meaning "the accuser") and acted as the prosecutor in God's court. A character named "Satan" was described as the cosmic enemy of the Lord and temptor of Jesus within many of the Gospels of early Christians. It was further developed in scope and power as the bringer of Armageddon and Apocalypse as featured within the Book of Revelation. Religions inspired by these texts (Christians, Jews and Muslims) typically regarded Satan as an adversary or enemy, but extensive popular redactions and recompositions of biblical tales inserted its presence and influence into every aspect of adversarial role back to the Creation and Fall. By Christians and Muslims especially, the figure of Satan was treated variously as a rebellious or jealous competitor to human beings, to Jesus, and characterized as a fallen angel or demon ruling the penitential Underworld, chained in a deep pit, wandering the planet vying for souls or providing the impetus for all worldly travesty. At points during the development of the Christian religion, Satan became its outspoken enemy, and this served the interests of all those who would use this to their advantage, inclusive of those who fashioned or recomposed the mythos of Satanism. Additionally, particularly after the European Enlightenment, some works, such as Paradise Lost, were taken up by Romantics and described as presenting the Biblical Satan as an allegory representing a crisis of faith, individualism, free will, wisdom and enlightenment. Those works actually featuring Satan as a heroic character are fewer in number, but do exist; George Bernard Shaw and Mark Twain included such characterizations in their works long before religious Satanists took up the pen.
This started with the question posed are there satanist here. One person even compared Atheism to satanism. There must be reasons for this.

Shall we discuss satanism instead of christianity or islam for a change? Or rather how is it diffirent?

Are you a satanist or do you know someone that is one? All are welcome to comment including the christians, muslims etc...

If you follow this link to a wiki page you will get the discription quoted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Last edited:

KSINGH

Executive Member
haha! i could think of a few ppl I would not mind sacrificing. but seriously...

STS

Mafia Detective
this is also from wikipedia:

Anton LaVey established Satanism's first and largest religious organization, the Church of Satan, in 1966, and codified Satanic beliefs and practices in The Satanic Bible in 1969. The Church of Satan acknowledges that there are many Satanists around the world, including both members and non-members. It rejects the legitimacy of any other organizations of Satanists, dubbing them reverse-Christians and pseudo-Satanists. Although exact numbers are not known, conservative estimates are that the number of adherents run into the thousands.
i can also provide verses from the Satanic Bible :)

Satanists do not believe that Satan is a god; rather, the function of God is performed and satisfied by the Satanist him/herself. That is, the needs of worship, ritual, and religious/spiritual focus are directed, effectively, inwards towards the Satanist, as opposed to outwards towards a God.

LaVey proposes, instead, that if all gods are creations of humans, worship of an external deity is worship of its creator by proxy. He suggests, then, that the rational Satanists should instead internalize their gods and therefore worship themselves; hence the Satanic maxim, "I am my own god."

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
/wonders

Shall I do a multi-quote to here so we can see what was the cause behind creating this thread?

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
this is also from wikipedia:

i can also provide verses from the Satanic Bible :)
LaVey proposes, instead, that if all gods are creations of humans, worship of an external deity is worship of its creator by proxy. He suggests, then, that the rational Satanists should instead internalize their gods and therefore worship themselves; hence the Satanic maxim, "I am my own god."
whether a god is internal or external there is still a belief in a god of some kind.

Atheists denies the existance of any god.

Last edited:

STS

Mafia Detective
/wonders

Shall I do a multi-quote to here so we can see what was the cause behind creating this thread?
no need :)

i don't see LaVeyan Satanism much more different than angry atheism. here is more references:
much of LaVey's Satanic formulation. "Do unto others as they do unto you" supplanted the directive to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", so that you are only to give compassion and sympathy to those who deserve it. It is a reactive rule, compared with the Christian proactive rule; by the rule, love, compassion, and sympathy are not to be wasted upon "ingrates";
and here are the 11 rules of being a satanist as in the satanic bible, see which ones you agreeand disagree with:
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm young children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

STS

Mafia Detective
whether a god is internal or external there is still a belief in a god of some kind.
there was a part about gods being man-made in there. if people are aware that gods are not real, what is wrong with using "god" as a metaphor? telling someone that they are their own god is putting them in charge of their life :)

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
no need :)

i don't see LaVeyan Satanism much more different than angry atheism. here is more references:

and here are the 11 rules of being a satanist as in the satanic bible, see which ones you agreeand disagree with:
12 Act all emo and listen to heavy metal to piss off other people! :D

STS

Mafia Detective
Seriously! What/how does a satanist actually contribute to society?
anyway an atheist does. where is a rule that ANYONE has to contribute to society? if someone wants to contribute to a cause, then they can, if they believe in it or feel sympathy for it :)

porchrat

Honorary Master

Atheists denies the existance of any god.
He said it here:

Satanists do not believe that Satan is a god; rather, the function of God is performed and satisfied by the Satanist him/herself.
I think it means they regard themselves as masters of their own destiny. and worship themselves as a result. Revel in the power of Man so to speak.

STS

Mafia Detective
12 Act all emo and listen to heavy metal to piss off other people!
that is one of the things that put me off of satanism, but there is a nice quote to go along with it:

After an inferior man has been taught a doctrine of superiority he will remain as inferior as he was before his lesson. He will merely assume himself to be superior, and attempt to employ his recently-learned tactics against his own kind, whom he will then consider his inferiors. With each inferior man enjoying what he considers his unique role, the entire bunch will be reduced to a pack of strutting, foppish, self-centered monkeys gamboling about on an island of ignorance. There they will play their games under the supervision of their keeper, who was and always will be a superior man.

STS

Mafia Detective
the point to me, and why i like it and accept it, is who does it hurt? they don't want you to join the church of satan, they just want you to be a decent human being and use common sense. they don't win points for converting souls, they don't agree on music, causes, movies, books, because satanism is about being an individual and loving who you are just as you are. i'm also more of a supporter of satanism since i grew up listening to all the garbage the churches fed me about there being satanic conspiracies and how everyone had a "satanic testimony" when the satanic bible clearly says something different :)

i'll be back later, meeting :)