The religion of Satanism

zippy

Executive Member
zippy, you've missed an entire thread of this. satanists don't worship satan any more than dentists worship dent. read the satanic bible.
Dentistry?? Lol. You can't be serious with that analogy. How does Dentistry come into it?

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
zippy, we are discussing what has been said or found in written works of satanism.

It does not mean that you have to believe it, others believe it.

LV satanism has been found to say they don't worship an external entity but rather reflect that energy/effort inwards on themselves.

This means what? - i think that is part of what we're discussing & trying to find out...

zippy

Executive Member
My view is still that Satan is the inevitable consequence of those who believe in the interventionist God of Christianity and Islam. In fact I'm sure both actually refer to Satan. Therefore even Christians and Muslims even acknowledge the existence of Satan. To believe the one exists, is to believe the other exists.

And I don't buy the statement that you can be a satanist and not believe in Satan. I do believe that people can believe in selected parts of Satanism, but if they call themselves satanists, then sorry, they are giving themselves the label of which the most significant part is Satan.

Equally you can buy into many parts of the bible while still not being a Christian, but you cannot call yourself a Christian and not believe in Christ or God(and you also believe that Satan exists, because Jesus Christ has confrontation with Satan)

zippy

Executive Member
zippy, we are discussing what has been said or found in written works of satanism.

It does not mean that you have to believe it, others believe it.

LV satanism has been found to say they don't worship an external entity but rather reflect that energy/effort inwards on themselves.

This means what? - i think that is part of what we're discussing & trying to find out...
I am happy with this. Why can't atheists have a similar civilised discussion about Christianity. In case anyone answers that it is because the Christians lower the standard of the debate, that is not a valid defence if you take that bait.

Edit: in my opinion lv satanists are hippocrits or in some sort of denial . Satanism-Satan, Christianity-God, Islam-God

Last edited:

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
how about this then:

i read in books what people say about god(s), satan etc.... It does not mean i have to believe & follow what those books say...

I read those books as i read any story book because I'm curious. It is interesting to see what others believe & think.

It will not make their opinion/view point mine.
All are welcome to discuss here. As you have just said you believe in the existance of satan, it forms part of your religion.

To be honest i think this discussion is long over due in PD as both christianity & islam is discussed often but this part of it gets forgotten...

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
And no

there is really just one person that really lowers the quality of the debate & we all know who that is...

Sadly he seems to recently have gained a following of equaly over zealous followers or he started clones.

Sometimes we can't help ''taking the bait''. This does not mean we will lose sleep over that.

Also remember this thread was not started to encourage satanism but rather to look at it & see what it consists of...

porchrat

Honorary Master
The same can be said for most religions, especially Christianity. There are many "flavors", yet atheists here ridicule Christianity for this, but are able debate satanism without their argument descending to the same depths as when they include Christianity in their discussion. This leads me to believe they are more anti-Christian than anything else. Publically, they feel safer with the atheist tag.

Your point that you can be a satanist without believing in satan is hilarious, though. I guess you can be a Christian without believing in Christ??

I am happy with this. Why can't atheists have a similar civilised discussion about Christianity. In case anyone answers that it is because the Christians lower the standard of the debate, that is not a valid defence if you take that bait.
There have been plenty of comments in this thread that have called Satanism a load of rubbish just as people do in debates with Christians. I think the real issue here is that this isn't a true debate as there is nobody representing the other side. There is no Satanist here to actually make a debate happen like there is with Christianity.

Edit: in my opinion lv satanists are hippocrits or in some sort of denial . Satanism-Satan, Christianity-God, Islam-God
OK firstly the word is hypocrites. If you're going to use a word try to sound a little less like a child and get it right.

Secondly gee they're hypocrites because you take Satan to literally be the dark entity in opposition of god as opposed to understanding the root of the word which comes from the mere concept of opposition.

Clearly they are hypocrites because they don't ascribe to your understanding of the concept of Satan. Which obviously is the only concept of Satan. Because... well... zippy is infallible and everyone else is wrong I guess. :rolleyes:

If you want to know more about it look it up.

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
Porchrat,

I doubt he has read all that has been written here(can't remember if he said so or not)

i think what i should do is: write a conclusion of the pm's i have recieved & send it out to some of those pm senders. let them concur what i wrote is how they feel & post it here.

there were a few people that had interesting things to say but they prefer not posting in the forums....

Necuno

Court Jester
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬....Got the devil in you
Got the devil in me
Play a dangerous tune

Jab

Expert Member
The devil inside
The devil inside
Every single one of us the devil inside

zippy

Executive Member
Porchrat, I have in other discussions acknowledged that what I believe as as far as the existence or not of a God may be incorrect. I never implied I am infallable, you did. As for my crap spelling, well, too bad.

Chilligirl, I have read the posts here. I still hold the view that if you say you are a satanist, then you must believe in Satan. If you believe in Satan you must believe that God exists. I know many call themselves satanists, but say they don't believe in Satan. Was your OP not an invitation to discuss the nature of Satanism? Are opinions that fit with atheist views the only ones allowed here?

I expressed 3 opinions:
1. If you believe in Satan, you can't be an atheist, because Satan is the creation of Christians, Muslims to be the antitheses of God to both scare the masses, and explain why evil can exist at the same time as the so-called good God.
2. To call yourself a satanist and then not believe in Satan or that Satan exist is nonsense. Yes, people do. I am not saying they don't. I think they very confused. You can ascribe to certain parts of a religion and not be a part of it, but don't take its name if you don't want to be associated with it. Sorry, but your packaging says you believe in Satan, and ergo, you can't be atheist.
3. I question whether some of the "atheists" posting on mybb are actually really atheists, because they reserve their vitriol and abusive responses for Christianity, but can discuss other religions and in civil way. They seem to be simply a bunch rebellious teens who oppose their upbringing, as teenagers do. They prefer the atheist label as it is the one in vogue atm.

Last edited:

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
Porchrat, I have in other discussions acknowledged that what I believe as as far as the existence or not of a God may be incorrect. I never implied I am infallable, you did. As for my crap spelling, well, too bad.

Chilligirl, I have read the posts here. I still hold the view that if you say you are a satanist, then you must believe in Satan. If you believe in Satan you must believe that God exists. I know many call themselves satanists, but say they don't believe in Satan. Was your OP not an invitation to discuss the nature of Satanism? Are opinions that fit with atheist views the only ones allowed here?
I expressed 3 opinions:
1. If you believe in Satan, you can't be an atheist, because Satan is the creation of Christians, Muslims to be the antitheses of God to both scare the masses, and explain why evil can exist at the same time as the so-called good God.
2. To call yourself a satanist and then not believe in Satan or that Satan exist is nonsense. Yes, people do. I am not saying they don't. I think they very confused. You can ascribe to certain parts of a religion and not be a part of it, but don't take its name if you don't want to be associated with it. Sorry, but your packaging says you believe in Satan, and ergo, you can't be atheist.
3. I question whether some of the "atheists" posting on mybb are actually really atheists, because they reserve their vitriol and abusive responses for Christianity, but can discuss other religions and in civil way. They seem to be simply a bunch rebellious teens who oppose their upbringing, as teenagers do. They prefer the atheist label as it is the one in vogue atm.
wrong!!!!!!

there are no god(s)
no satan
don't believe in fable books....

guess again....

porchrat

Honorary Master

I expressed 3 opinions:
See you're still regarding the word "satan" to mean a physical entity. Yes I agree that is can refer to the physical entity, but it doesn't have to. You're neglecting the root of the word entirely and instead telling me that your concept of satan is the only one that exists. You're disgarding all other outlooks and are saying that there is no other way to understand the word satan. You are very much mistaken and it is for this reason that I said you clearly think you are infallible.

The word satan has it's roots in a Hebrew verb meaning "to oppose". Satanism therefore doesn't have to be about worshiping a physical being it just needs to be about opposition. In the case of those that don't view satan as a physical entity it is opposition to Christianity and the worship of deities. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Remember that Satanism is quite old. Hence it uses an old definition of the word. Why should Satanism stop using the root of the word satan just because you, the almighty zippy, claim erroneously that there is only one way to look at the word? How does using the original usage of the word. a usage that would have been common knowledge back then, somehow make them hypocrites?

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
It's all huff and puff if you ask me..:rolleyes:
That might be true. The thread was started coz there were questions form both the religious & the non-religious side. So it was best to give it a thread rather than derail another.

Necuno

Court Jester
It's all huff and puff if you ask me..:rolleyes:
Of course it is. In my opinion it is all just unsubstantiated crazy talk. However that doesn't mean it is hypocritical.
or that one should not look into it as it's always good to know more about what people around you believe in. just because you think it's huff puff doesn't mean you automatically need to stick your or our heads into the ground.

porchrat

Honorary Master
or that one should not look into it as it's always good to know more about what people around you believe in. just because you think it's huff puff doesn't mean you automatically need to stick your or our heads into the ground.
+1.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
3. I question whether some of the "atheists" posting on mybb are actually really atheists, because they reserve their vitriol and abusive responses for Christianity, but can discuss other religions and in civil way.
every action has an opposite and equal reaction....