The Renamer renames your TV and Movie Files to their correct names!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.therenamer.com/

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles! Now Renames Movies too!
theRenamer FEATURES:

- A user interface that's idiot proof - using Drag & Drop.
- Fuzzy Logic sorts out the Show name, Season/Episode numbers (S1E1, 1x1 or 101 formats).
- Queries the most advanced search engine - Google
- Automatically grabs the official show name and episode titles from the most comprehensive movie database on
the web - IMDb.com, TV.com, theTVDB.com, EPGUIDES.com and AniDB.net (Anime shows, see more info.)
- Database: Simple and automatic table for keeping track of TV website's ID number.
- Force show names: Lets you customize how the Show Name is named (if you prefer shorter names).
- Fetch Folder: Scans all files in that directory. Point it to your 'Download Complete' folder. For people who are
too lazy to Drag & Drop.....I love it :)
- Auto Move: Automatically moves files to your TV Show Archive after it's renamed.
- Fully automate the entire rename and move process with parameter (theRenamer.exe -fetch and -fetchmovie)

- MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES! theRenamer now supports Movie files as well.
- Auto creates IMDb shortcut link to IMDb movie webpage.

Sweet! Looks pretty good!

Keeper

Honorary Master
wow! awesome! Best news of the day in my books - Thanks Gary!

Park@82

Honorary Master
hmmm.... got a Run-time error 339 - flash.ocx error. Will try to fix it later.

Edit: probably just need to install Flash Player...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Ja, it installs fine for me at the office... will try it at home.

Ecco

Executive Member
Anybody know of something similar for Music? In particular it should sort out the Tags.

I created many many MP3's from my CD collection years ago. The file names are all labeled the way i like and prefer, Album Name CD number, track number, Artist (if various), Song name.

But when I put these on some new mp3 players, its a mission cause the player sorts the music by the ID3 tags and not by the file name. Itunes is a particularly fussy bugger with this.

Keeper

Honorary Master
@catweasel - use ID3Kill

It removes all ID Tag info it finds in mp3 files in a folder you specify.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Great find.
I just hate when I buy a series(Chuck Season 3, Fringe 2, Mentalist 2) and they don't name it properly. ;):p

@Keeper. How is your project coming along?

Ecco

Executive Member
@catweasel - use ID3Kill

It removes all ID Tag info it finds in mp3 files in a folder you specify.

I want the opposite though. Currently my tags are empty, I want the tags to be populated with the correct information.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I want the opposite though. Currently my tags are empty, I want the tags to be populated with the correct information.

Well, im sure such a program exists - you should find it with some googeling.

however If you can't find such a program and you REALLY need this, I could perhaps code it for you for a small fee.

However, like I said - I'll bet such a program exists though - just google around.. maybe google something like "filename to ID3"

Mars

Honorary Master
It works ok. For some reason it didn't find a coupla series that I thought would be obvious...

Now if it would just rename the folder AND the files.... Since Tvixie and other scrapers use the folder name to search...

Ecco

Executive Member
Well, im sure such a program exists - you should find it with some googeling.

however If you can't find such a program and you REALLY need this, I could perhaps code it for you for a small fee.

However, like I said - I'll bet such a program exists though - just google around.. maybe google something like "filename to ID3"

Thanks, will poke around on google.

Rodent-Boy

I must be a special kind of idiot because the idiot-proof drag and drop option doesn't work for me. :(

iceman23

I actually wrote a program to do this when I first started coding. It looked at all the files in a particular folder (including sd's) and used the filename to update the ID3 tags. I also formatted my mp's like ' The Beatles - Hey Jude' and it did the setting of the artist tags when the artist was available in the filename. I will see if I can find it but it was a long time ago.

alt146

I use mediarenamer, which works pretty well and finds most series if they're named at least semi correctly. Although sometime you will need to check how special episodes or similar are handled at thetvdb.com

I'm looking for something similar for music. Not a filename to ID3 or vice versa, but something that I can run in batch that looks at a combination of ID3 and filename to find all the details - album, track number, album art etc off the internet and then edit ID3 and filename.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I must be a special kind of idiot because the idiot-proof drag and drop option doesn't work for me. :(

OK, ja... the drag and drop feature is not working for me either. Anybody else get this to work?