The Renamer renames your TV and Movie Files to their correct names!

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Not to knock, but have you guys tried something like Sonarr? Download + renamer etc

gcb

Been using Filebot since support for TheRenamer died. You should still be able to find a pre MS Store version out there.

ttygt

Expert Member
Thanx comrade Kosmik.
Sonarr wil def work for Torrents. Myself don't mainly use torrents.

GCB. Is filebot currently working? My understanding was that since the Store version came out, people have not been able to use older versions? - Will investigate for myself. Thanx.

I have to say, for plain quick drag&drop renaming, http://tvrenamer.org/ comes the closet to therenamer.exe yet.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Been using Filebot since support for TheRenamer died. You should still be able to find a pre MS Store version out there.
I can dump the old version somewhere too if needed

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Manual import in Sonarr.

It also moves and categorises the show, which The Renamer didn't...

gcb

GCB. Is filebot currently working? My understanding was that since the Store version came out, people have not been able to use older versions? - Will investigate for myself. Thanx.

The older versions should work fine if you still use Java 8 runtime. iirc the Store version needs Java 9 which, in my case, breaks other apps so I'm happy to use the J8 version.

ttygt

Expert Member
The older versions should work fine if you still use Java 8 runtime. iirc the Store version needs Java 9 which, in my case, breaks other apps so I'm happy to use the J8 version.

Jip, I found ver 4.7.5 on sourceforge.net, and it seems to work. Cool stuff Thanx Mr. G.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Thanx comrade Kosmik.
Sonarr wil def work for Torrents. Myself don't mainly use torrents.

I have to say, for plain quick drag&drop renaming, http://tvrenamer.org/ comes the closet to therenamer.exe yet.

Sonarr works with anything, not neccesarily downloads. Point it to a folder and tell it what show it is, will index and there is a auto rename option .

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I keep forgetting about this thread, Filebot works just like you want, I think 4.7.9 is the latest free working one you can easily find but if 4.7.5 works you're good to go.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
People still have movie/series files on a HDD in 2018.

:confused:

Last edited:

ttygt

Expert Member
He is probably trying to make some point about how he thought everyone streams in 2018.

Paid, streaming is selfish.
Pirating...sorry, I meant downloading for hungry hungry little media consumers is not shellfish.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Not everyone has 10Mbps or better to be able to stream high quality. I download because I want 1080p and can only get up to 5Mbps.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
He is probably trying to make some point about how he thought everyone streams in 2018.

Not only that, with the sheer volume of content getting released, its utterly pointless to dl something and keep it.

dl > watch > delete or stream.

Want to watch again > dl again. Thats why we have uncapped.