• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

The rise and fall of navies

StrongTurd

Expert Member
It is, IMHO, just a matter of time before the Chinese achieve world dominance, just like the Britsh dominated the world in the 19th century and the Americans in the 20th century. The major problem here is that the Neocons will probably not hesitate to use their vast nuclear arsenal in an attemp to maintain their currently unassailable position. That's bad news for everybody.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I'm not sure if the Chinese have imperialist ambitions though, they don't seem to have up to now, besides Taiwan anyway.

The Chinese are quite backward technologically. Just about all their kit is imported. The home made stuff is generally a poor copy of Russian/Western gear.

They will make good progress, but only when they start being innovative.

neio

Banned
China already owns quite a bit of the US national dept and therefore if they decide to crash the US economy they can easily do so.
They will be the next superpower.

Alan

Honorary Master
The major problem here is that the Neocons will probably not hesitate to use their vast nuclear arsenal in an attemp to maintain their currently unassailable position. That's bad news for everybody.
Oh please :eek: :eek:

Why didn't they use their nukes against the Soviets then :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if the Chinese have imperialist ambitions though, they don't seem to have up to now, besides Taiwan anyway.
What about Tibet. Give them half a chance ;)

My grandfather said they always used to say the Chinese would one day become a Super Power 50 years ago :eek: :eek:

StrongTurd

Expert Member
Oh please :eek: :eek:

Why didn't they use their nukes against the Soviets then :rolleyes:
LOL! I was actually waiting for Dubya's Butthugger to roll his eyes at my statement. You go, Boy! A Little word of advice: You might want to start brushing up on that Chinese language skills. It is sure going to come in handy in the not too distant future.

Alan

Honorary Master
LOL! I was actually waiting for Dubya's Butthugger to roll his eyes at my statement. You go, Boy! A Little word of advice: You might want to start brushing up on that Chinese language skills. It is sure going to come in handy in the not too distant future.
What a strange answer :confused:

Well if you got your way we could very well have to learn Chinese.

Funny with a name like "StrongTurd" one would think you're a 'Butthugger' :eek:

Or maybe you just have a thing for "rear ends" :sick:

ninj.ga

Karmic Sangoma
The worlds largest fleet... The American pacific fleet, the worlds second largest fleet.. the american Atlantic fleet. The black navy used to be on the list, not to sure where it is now.