The risk when buying a non-approved smartphone battery

beans100

Honorary Master
Geniun-approved-smartphone batteries can also cause this kind of thing. They're not faultless. I remember my 2 week old Galaxy S4's, original battery swelling. Could've exploded.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I remember my 2 week old Galaxy S4's, original battery swelling. Could've exploded.
Even it explode, if is not a real fire danger. You hear something like pfuff, not a serious explosion. The only danger is for your eyes.

Swa

Honorary Master
My original Nokia battery swelled up quite a bit and became unusable. The replacement generic didn't and lasted twice as long and is still going. "Approved" is just a way for manufacturers to make more money.

JimM

Expert Member
This must have come from the East of London (UK) near Bow where there are of course locks, locally known as Bow Locks!

In over twenty years in the cellular trade I have never seen or heard of a battery so much as make more than a little gas! Hence the 'pregnant' look of some batteries - Oddly enough, especially Samsung!

In many cases, the generic comes from the same factory as the original in any case!!