The rules around wearing a mask while driving in South Africa – and the fines you can expect to pay

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What absolute and utter bullshit. Why should you wear a mask in the privacy of your own car? Why should my wife wear a mask when she's in the car with me? I can assure you we don't wear masks* in the bedroom - does the virus not attack there?

*cloth face masks, that is

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Very unspecific....
What absolute and utter bullshit. Why should you wear a mask in the privacy of your own car? Why should my wife wear a mask when she's in the car with me? I can assure you we don't wear masks* in the bedroom - does the virus not attack there?

was just about to say the same ...

Shaun108

Executive Member
We're getting more and more like a totalitarian communist country as the days go by. Who gave government permission to tell us what we can and cannot do in a private vehicle or home?

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
We're getting more and more like a totalitarian communist country as the days go by. Who gave government permission to tell us what we can and cannot do in a private vehicle or home?
It's clear as daylight, we work for the government, they no longer work as public servants...

Nobody Important

Executive Member

No man! :)
When it comes to travelling with people with whom you share a home, the law appears to be open to interpretation, said Herbert.

“If you are pulled over, however, you should wear a face mask when speaking to the police officer. As such, keep your mask close at hand for this and in case the officer requests that you wear one with a passenger, irrespective of who they are.

konfab

Honorary Master
Every single person who thinks public healthcare is a good idea.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

There is no regulation around you and passengers wearing a mask.. Unless you happen to drive a vehicle as Public Transport.

And yeah, take the admission of guilt paper work and wait until there is a court date. Intentionally clog up the courts with frivolous crap if you can.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
There is no regulation around you and passengers wearing a mask.. Unless you happen to drive a vehicle as Public Transport.
I know - but here are magistrates promulgating admission of guilt fines for driving without a mask on...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I know - but here are magistrates promulgating admission of guilt fines for driving without a mask on...
I think this is more a lawyer pushing out a bit of fearmongering. They are promulgating an admission of guilt fine for the regulation surrounding Public transport is my guess..

JustAsk

Expert Member
tHIS.
No law forces you or your passengers to wear masks in your car. There's plenty of officers, ministers and lawyers tha try to make you think it is, hence you see so many people doing it.

BS Article

DreamKing

Honorary Master
The South African Police Service can give a person who has been arrested on suspicion of a less serious crime an option to pay an admission of guilt fine.
legalize for cold drink money?