The rush to buy a PS5 in South Africa

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
This is the next generation.
No no, not this one, the one after this one, then i will consider, but right now im still racing on my original steering wheel with force feedback and loving it, love the Forza games

Still cant believe i picked this up on gumtree 4 years ago for R800

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Steering Wheel Review: Start your engines! -  Games - Peripherals - Good Gear Guide

Iwojima

Expert Member
I really so no reason to buy one at launch this time around:
1) The launch title lineup is nothing special.
2) With production ability already said to be limited the chances of quality control related issues are higher than ever.

I'll be waiting until at least the first quarter of 2021.

RedViking

Nord of the South
If you have been retrenched, lost your job or is financially struggling, but still bought a PS5, raise your hand.....

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I really so no reason to buy one at launch this time around:
1) The launch title lineup is nothing special.
2) With production ability already said to be limited the chances of quality control related issues are higher than ever.

I'll be waiting until at least the first quarter of 2021.

Exactly. I'll get a PS5 at some point, but I'm really not fussed about when. It will take ages for genuine next gen titles to start releasing, and the usual batch of outstanding PlayStation-exclusives. There is absolutely nothing time-sensitive about buying a PS5.

If you have been retrenched, lost your job or is financially struggling, but still bought a PS5, raise your hand.....

Sounds like a massively stupid move doing that, over and above spending money that is better saved. The Xbox Series X would be substantially cheaper to own thanks to Game Pass Ultimate.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Exactly. I'll get a PS5 at some point, but I'm really not fussed about when. It will take ages for genuine next gen titles to start releasing, and the usual batch of outstanding PlayStation-exclusives. There is absolutely nothing time-sensitive about buying a PS5.

Sounds like a massively stupid move doing that, over and above spending money that is better saved. The Xbox Series X would be substantially cheaper to own thanks to Game Pass Ultimate.
That's just madness o_O but then again some people are crazy

I absolutely agree. But seeing how fast they sold out in our current economy, and personally knowing about 2 or 3 people who can't afford it but still went ahead or plan to order, I am just wondering where people's priorities are. Crazy.....

There are people who will go into debt just to get one.

If you bought it on credit. Raise your hand....

Splinter

Honorary Master
I absolutely agree. But seeing how fast they sold out in our current economy, and personally knowing about 2 or 3 people who can't afford it but still went ahead or plan to order, I am just wondering where people's priorities are. Crazy.....

I'm rather intrigued about all this saltiness over people ordering a PS5. And that they dared to use credit to buy it.

Or do you @RedViking , buy everything cash?

It's a games console that can last you many years. Then there are others, who will pay more than the price of the PS5 console, on cell phone that will last for maybe two years before it is replaced/needs to be replaced.

abzob

Honorary Master

But but but we’ve been saving for it for the past two years.

Splinter

Honorary Master

What nonsense are you spewing? PS is years ahead of Xbox in terms of releasing decent games.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I'm rather intrigued about all this saltiness over people ordering a PS5. And that they dared to use credit to buy it.

Or do you @RedViking , buy everything cash?

It's a games console that can last you many years. Then there are others, who will pay more than the price of the PS5 console, on cell phone that will last for maybe two years before it is replaced/needs to be replaced.
I buy everything cash.